Daniel Jones re-signs- 4 year 160M, $82M guaranteed

Acgott

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Woof.

Let’s wait to see the details before these comments. Geno was 3 year for $105M when we actually learned it’s 3 year $75M once we actually see details. But it’s definitely a lot on the surface.

Slightly more AAV than I expected, but the guaranteed money is lower than I expected, and we are able to get out of it in 2 years if needed. I'm 100% good with this contract. $19 million year 1 cap hit gives us tons of flexibility in FA this year.

I also fully expect Saquon to sign the deal that is on the table for him soon. Someone with his injury history can't risk playing on the tag, and he'd be making less than the deal that is already offered.

• Like 2

This was honestly fair for both sides. Anybody saying Jones raked the Giants over the coals is only looking at AAV. There are so many options in this contract with an early out, restructure ability, extension ability if Jones really becomes an elite QB. It shows me the Schoen is willing to pay guys but is not going to give up long term flexibility. 

• Like 1