Mock (YEAH) ing (YEAH) Drafts (YEAH)

wcblack34

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

but I imagine the comments around here would be very polarized on it.  😂

it would be like a 2022 Game Day Thread, watching all our top prospects and hopes get taken early on. "Kwesi's an idiot!" "the Vikings are losers!"

then Richardson falls in our laps.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I would be absolutely okay with either scenario...but I imagine the comments around here would be very polarized on it.  😂

Too many fans are afraid to take chances lol

Everyone wants Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen, but too many aren’t willing to take the risk that comes with finding a player like that. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

If Richardson fell all that far, I'd be utterly amazed. And thrilled. Four QBs will go in the top six picks. 

I'd actually be surprised to see 4 QBs going in the top 6 any longer.  I just don't think there are that many that are enthralled with the QBs.  We'll see though.  I think someone is going to fall, whether it be Levis, Richardson or Stroud, someone will...it's just a question of which one.  Fields was largely projected to go top 3 2 yrs ago, ahead of Lance and Wilson...and it didn't happen. 

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd actually be surprised to see 4 QBs going in the top 6 any longer.  I just don't think there are that many that are enthralled with the QBs.  We'll see though.  I think someone is going to fall, whether it be Levis, Richardson or Stroud, someone will...it's just a question of which one.  Fields was largely projected to go top 3 2 yrs ago, ahead of Lance and Wilson...and it didn't happen. 

Fair. I'm in the "if your team is awful and doesn't have a QB, take the best one out there every year" camp....But I get teams aren't that way for some reason.

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Fair. I'm in the "if your team is awful and doesn't have a QB, take the best one out there every year" camp....But I get teams aren't that way for some reason.

The Jets did that and see where that got them.  🤣

• Like 1

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Then do it again, and again, until you have one. You aren't winning w/o a good QB. Ever.

Well, the Rams did win one recently with a Kirk Cousins-ish QB...and we're 6-yrs removed from Nick Foles winning it at US Bank.  It's rare, but it still happens.  Now, whether you can consistently be in the conversation, that's a whole different question.  The Chiefs will always be in the conversation with Mahomes, even when Kelce retires (which won't be much longer since he turns 34 yrs old during the coming season).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, the Rams did win one recently with a Kirk Cousins-ish QB...and we're 6-yrs removed from Nick Foles winning it at US Bank.  It's rare, but it still happens.  Now, whether you can consistently be in the conversation, that's a whole different question.  The Chiefs will always be in the conversation with Mahomes, even when Kelce retires (which won't be much longer since he turns 34 yrs old during the coming season).

You could go the SF route, and build the best D and lots of fast WR/RB types.....if Purdy is healthy, they might win w/o an elite QB (or maybe he is one?).....but that's pretty rare also (which was how the Rams won). 

So, ya, Ever was the wrong word! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

And this also gets skewed by the Tom Brady effect. Brady beat Jake Delhomme (undrafted), Kurt Warner (undrafted), Donovan McNabb, Russell Wilson (third round), Matt Ryan and Jared Goff. Without Brady (a sixth round pick himself), the list of non-1st round QB's to win Super Bowls would likely be a bit longer. 

Vikings Receive: 35th Overall, 79th Overall and 106th Overall
Colts Receive: 23rd Overall and 211th Overall

35. South Carolina CB Cam Smith

The Vikings have moved back but still managed to acquire one of the top corners in the NFL draft. Smith is a true outside cornerback that fits the defense the Vikings are implementing. He plays with patience, physicality, and swagger, making him an ideal candidate. During his time in college, Smith consistently demonstrated his ability to make plays on the ball, resulting in numerous pass breakups.

79. Stanford QB Tanner McKee
87. Army EDGE Andre Carter II
106. LSU WR Kayshon Boutte
119. Oregon LB Noah Sewell
158. Texas DL Keondre Coburn

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2023-7-round-mock-draft-matt-andersons-final/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0zm9wIZ9eEmuYuM8TBJCOXTBJgTgJsrz2DiVFpm-bNiexVg9TtbdNabqs

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings Receive: 35th Overall, 79th Overall and 106th Overall
Colts Receive: 23rd Overall and 211th Overall

35. South Carolina CB Cam Smith

The Vikings have moved back but still managed to acquire one of the top corners in the NFL draft. Smith is a true outside cornerback that fits the defense the Vikings are implementing. He plays with patience, physicality, and swagger, making him an ideal candidate. During his time in college, Smith consistently demonstrated his ability to make plays on the ball, resulting in numerous pass breakups.

79. Stanford QB Tanner McKee
87. Army EDGE Andre Carter II
106. LSU WR Kayshon Boutte
119. Oregon LB Noah Sewell
158. Texas DL Keondre Coburn

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2023-7-round-mock-draft-matt-andersons-final/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0zm9wIZ9eEmuYuM8TBJCOXTBJgTgJsrz2DiVFpm-bNiexVg9TtbdNabqs

I do that trade every day