Bears Trade 1.1 to Panthers

CBears019

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep.  And it's being run by a marketing team that clearly half-***** it. Lol

Right, they should’ve given him George Halas’ hollowed out mummified phallus 

Report is that the Raiders were the next more interested team but got spooked at the 3 firsts and 2 seconds demand as if any of their regime will be around to use all of those picks 

Has anyone thought about a trade up to secure a top edge? 

Say, 1.9 and 2.53 for 1.5? That would likely guarantee one of Anderson or Wilson (but would have to be during the draft). The draft value chart puts 1.5 at 1700 pts, and our two picks combined (1350)(370) put us at 1720. 

It’s an idea. Idk if it makes sense with likely value at edge in the 2nd and later, it really all rides on if you think Anderson or Wilson are a transcendent talent. 

It would also essentially mean we traded 1.1 and 2.53 for 1.5, 2.61, 24 1st, 25 2nd, and Denniston Moore Jr., and still get to draft one of the most intriguing prospects we might’ve taken at 1  

In all likelihood, I assume if we move, it’s down and if not, we’re sitting and taking Paris Johnson. If McGlinchey had accepted our offer a few days ago I think this might’ve been a consideration. 

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Say, 1.9 and 2.53 for 1.5? That would likely guarantee one of Anderson or Wilson (but would have to be during the draft). The draft value chart puts 1.5 at 1700 pts, and our two picks combined (1350)(370) put us at 1720. 

It’s an idea. Idk if it makes sense with likely value at edge in the 2nd and later, it really all rides on if you think Anderson or Wilson are a transcendent talent. 

It would also essentially mean we traded 1.1 and 2.53 for 1.5, 2.61, 24 1st, 25 2nd, and Denniston Moore Jr., and still get to draft one of the most intriguing prospects we might’ve taken at 1  

In all likelihood, I assume if we move, it’s down and if not, we’re sitting and taking Paris Johnson. If McGlinchey had accepted our offer a few days ago I think this might’ve been a consideration. 

For Anderson I would. For anyone else I would not trade 2.53 I don't think. I like Wilson a lot, Murphy and LVN have a lot of traits to love, and Carter is a top 3 talent with a lot of red flags. I think I could sit and wait at 1.9 or look to trade back though, there are a number of holes to address and unless it was Anderson I just find it hard to trade up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

No, we have a ton of needs.  Plus, to my understanding, this draft is deep on pass/edge rushers.  IMO we should stay at 9 and let the draft fall to us. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

No, we have a ton of needs.  Plus, to my understanding, this draft is deep on pass/edge rushers.  IMO we should stay at 9 and let the draft fall to us. 

It really comes down to what the GM thinks they are getting. If it is Mack and you're looking at Hubbard and Yannick then you make the move. If you think the later guys can be more or that Anderson is never going to be a Mack level passrusher then sitting comes much more easily.