Bears Trade 1.1 to Panthers

CBears019

Safe to say Fields becomes the best QB Moore has had in the pros considering where Cam was at in his career…got to love the idea that not only is Moore here to help Fields but that Moore can still be ascending young talent in his own right…this really does feel like AJ Brown going to Philly IMO.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Safe to say Fields becomes the best QB Moore has had in the pros considering where Cam was at in his career…got to love the idea that not only is Moore here to help Fields but that Moore can still be ascending young talent in his own right…this really does feel like AJ Brown going to Philly IMO.

DJ Moore is a stud, he should make things a lot easier for Mooney / Claypool as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If the cost of moving up to still be able to draft Carter or Anderson was #9 plus  a second rounder this year, are you pulling the trigger? I don’t know if I am. And I think poles will prefer volume, too. 

Much stronger possibility we go the opposite direction IMO.

• Like 1

I like Fields,a lot, but I really appreciate that this trade includes future first.

If Fields does well we can add that big final piece or two next year to really give the bears a chance in 25. 

If Fields never gets good at the quick game and it's holding the bears back, then it's a lot easier to get your QB with two picks-likely high ones -in the first round. 

In the mean time the team is still adding a very good prospect in the first, picks up a decent good receiver who is ready, and gains the opportunity to add a possible starter with an extra pick. 

Lovie, man, Lovie. 

• Like 3

I love the message this move sends to the league heading into FA. Poles can come to FAs now with a much more compelling picture of what the 2023 Bears will be about on offense as a selling point. “Look at the skills talent we’re assembling. Justin is a budding star with All World potential and we’ve got a true #1 WR, a former 1000 yard WR2 and a WR3 with an 11 TD season under his belt, they all run 4.4 or faster and THEY’RE ALL 26 OR UNDER. This thing is gonna blow up huge, and soon.” If you’re a 25-27 year old FA on either side of the ball, isn’t the idea of getting in early on what may be an extended really strong run a big draw, especially when they can also pay you at the top of the market?

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If the cost of moving up to still be able to draft Carter or Anderson was #9 plus  a second rounder this year, are you pulling the trigger? I don’t know if I am. And I think poles will prefer volume, too. 

In the cult classic film Draft Day, the Seahawks GM fleeced Kevin Costner’s Browns GM in a draft trade and then later on Kevin Costner got revenge and fleeced him right back. Anything is possible, as this movie showed. But I will be sad if we don’t stay put or trade down again. Trading up contradicts the goal the FO apparently has. My goal trade right now would be 1.9 for 1.12 and 2.33

• Like 1

To appreciate this on a deeper level, let’s assume we got 2.39 and a 25 1. 

One of these picks needs to be a WR, preferably one of the top two picks to ensure we get a #1 receiver. Assuming we find the guy, we’ve now used a top 40 draft pick on a player and only have whatever is left to take everyone else. 
The value of DJ Moore is enormous because not only does he solve our WR problem, it shores up every top half draft pick for us for other positions of need. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

To appreciate this on a deeper level, let’s assume we got 2.39 and a 25 1. 

One of these picks needs to be a WR, preferably one of the top two picks to ensure we get a #1 receiver. Assuming we find the guy, we’ve now used a top 40 draft pick on a player and only have whatever is left to take everyone else. 
The value of DJ Moore is enormous because not only does he solve our WR problem, it shores up every top half draft pick for us for other positions of need. 

WR class was shallow.   Not having to take a WR is huge.  Huge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Especially with PHI’s presumed needs at 10 (CB, DL, RB) aligning value wise with what may be someone’s target player. 

I honestly believe one of these QBs (probably Levis) is on the board at #9…and most interestingly and as you said a stud CB…Gonzalez, Witherspoon or Porter Jr could be sitting there and a team would need to jump Philly for them…I would be happy with trading back a lot in this draft as I feel a lot of the talent are clouded together in the #20-#75 range…I don’t think any one player completely changes this team so adding more young athletic talent that fit the schemes is the best move IMO…you tell me right now we can get 3 or 4 more quality day 2 picks between this draft & next and take say Darnell Wright to play RT at say pick #27…I am totally fine with that knowing we can also add some interior talent on the OL as well as another weapon at say RB or TE in a deep class and that offence is set…then we can get a ton of defensive help as well…I fully expect Poles to keep wheeling and dealing.