Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree with this.  Although I might move Lamb to 4 because I am not sure of his situation next year.  If Dak leaves or he leaves he could have a different trajectory but should still produce.  ARSB and Chase are in pretty set situations with solid QBs for a while.  

isnt JJ currently in that situation now and at least there is the possibility that Dak stays?

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

isnt JJ currently in that situation now and at least there is the possibility that Dak stays?

Yup, which scares me some on him too.  I think he is the best of the WRs though and his coaching staff is likely safe for a few years where as Dallas might have major changes with another underperforming year.  But also CeeDee had good years before blowing up last year, JJ has been great every year other than the knee injury.  

Honestly its just nitpicking though.  Those are the four at the top of the draft in a PPR dynasty in any order.  I am not knocking any of them, just pointing out minor details and I would be fine with whichever one dropped to 4.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup, which scares me some on him too.  I think he is the best of the WRs though and his coaching staff is likely safe for a few years where as Dallas might have major changes with another underperforming year.  But also CeeDee had good years before blowing up last year, JJ has been great every year other than the knee injury.  

Honestly its just nitpicking though.  Those are the four at the top of the draft in a PPR dynasty in any order.  I am not knocking any of them, just pointing out minor details and I would be fine with whichever one dropped to 4.  

I have some decent intel that 1 RB and possibly Mahomes will go before me...just a matter of which WR I want. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have some decent intel that 1 RB and possibly Mahomes will go before me...just a matter of which WR I want. 

Ok, in that case I would probably go with who you want to root for the most.  All will be good for a long time. 

General Dynasty Start up Question:

10 team PPR League where passing QBs are devalued(4pt per TD and -3 for INTs)

When would you consider drafting a 2nd QB and 2nd TE. I did both which probably was ill-advised but the value was good imo

Here is my team so far:

QB: Anthony Richardson

2 RB: Devon Achane & Rachaad White

3 WR: Jamarr Chase, Drake London, Deebo Samuel

2 FLEX: Rashee Rice, Brian Robinson

1 TE: Sam LaPorta

BE: Christian Watson

BE: George Kittle

BE: Justin Herbert

I realize its a weird build and only have 1 bench RB/WR although Kittle could be in the FLEX too. None of the players drafted from 11.4 to 13.1 made me upset they were taken so I dont regret it at all 

Thoughts? Still 9 picks left and in theory at least 7 will be RB/WR

On 7/19/2024 at 7:48 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When would you consider drafting a 2nd QB and 2nd TE. I did both which probably was ill-advised but the value was good imo

Here is my team so far:

I realize its a weird build and only have 1 bench RB/WR although Kittle could be in the FLEX too. None of the players drafted from 11.4 to 13.1 made me upset they were taken so I dont regret it at all 

Ok so 21 round draft with no DST/K would you ever think of drafting a 3rd TE or QB?

Not a SF league but you must start a TE and there are 2 FLEX spots

My queue is littered with RBs, 1 WR and Likely. Is it burning a roster spot to draft a 3rd TE like Likely? I like the upside if he leaves Baltimore or if Andrews gets hurt 

On 7/20/2024 at 1:11 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ok so 21 round draft with no DST/K would you ever think of drafting a 3rd TE or QB?

Not a SF league but you must start a TE and there are 2 FLEX spots

My queue is littered with RBs, 1 WR and Likely. Is it burning a roster spot to draft a 3rd TE like Likely? I like the upside if he leaves Baltimore or if Andrews gets hurt 

I wouldn't mind it at all in a dynasty format, especially if you think one of them is sellable in the future

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I wouldn't mind it at all in a dynasty format, especially if you think one of them is sellable in the future

Its certainly possible. I think Likely is a fantasy top-half of the league TE that is just stuck behind Andrews, so in theory he has more value coming

i did take Likely in R18

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832
  • Like 1

Doing my first Dynasty rookie draft in a league one of my buddies started up last year. 10-team Superflex league, I won It all in year one. 

QB: 
Patrick Mahomes 
Brock Purdy 
Baker Mayfield 
Kyler Murray 

RB: 
Christian McCaffrey 
Breece Hall
Travis Ettiene 
David Montgomery 
Devin Singletary 
Keaton Mitchell 

WR:
Brandon Aiyuk 
Puka Nacua
Hollywood Brown 
Jerry Jeudy 
Skyy Moore 
Demario Douglas 
Rashod Bateman 

TE:
Mark Andrews 
Cole Kmet 
Isaiah Likely 
Tyler Higbee 

Not really sure what my strategy should be for our rookie draft. Thinking about going with either Coleman or Ladd at 10 if they’re on the board to strengthen the top half of my receiver depth and then draft 2 QBs in the next 2 rounds in hopes that they turn into picks I can Flip for future 1st rounders. Any advice? 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Doing my first Dynasty rookie draft in a league one of my buddies started up last year. 10-team Superflex league, I won It all in year one. 

QB: 
Patrick Mahomes 
Brock Purdy 
Baker Mayfield 
Kyler Murray 

RB: 
Christian McCaffrey 
Breece Hall
Travis Ettiene 
David Montgomery 
Devin Singletary 
Keaton Mitchell 

WR:
Brandon Aiyuk 
Puka Nacua
Hollywood Brown 
Jerry Jeudy 
Skyy Moore 
Demario Douglas 
Rashod Bateman 

TE:
Mark Andrews 
Cole Kmet 
Isaiah Likely 
Tyler Higbee 

Not really sure what my strategy should be for our rookie draft. Thinking about going with either Coleman or Ladd at 10 if they’re on the board to strengthen the top half of my receiver depth and then draft 2 QBs in the next 2 rounds in hopes that they turn into picks I can Flip for future 1st rounders. Any advice? 

Dynasty rookie drafts should be about adding the best talent available and less about targeting a specific position of need.   That said.....looking at your roster, you need WR help, so if you have  players ranked similarly, drafting a WR would be good.  It is harder to flip QB for high picks in 10 team leagues

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 6:48 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Here is my team so far:

Stock up on shares of Kendre Miller, Jerome Ford, and Jaylen Wright if available as late round RB's that should emerge as quality dynasty RB's now or in the near future. 

34 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Stock up on shares of Kendre Miller, Jerome Ford, and Jaylen Wright if available as late round RB's that should emerge as quality dynasty RB's now or in the near future. 

Get out of my head! Lol

Seriously my 13th, 15th and 16th round picks were Kendre, Wright and Ford

• Like 2

Ok there is a major controversy swirling in one of my leagues. Its a 12 team dynasty league with a devy component, normal PPR scoring..

Just started the draft yesterday, commish and one other team took WEEKS to finally pay. Also happens to be in 20 leagues together, claim to be buddies. Weird.

Pick 7 off the board, then this trade goes through-

commish gets- Justin Jefferson, trey Benson

Team 2 gets- James Cook, Pacheco, Courtland Sutton, Zach moss, 2.11

Team 2 defends the trade by saying he needs running backs... ok..

Now I mentioned the devy for 2 reasons. 1, that 2.11 is actually a 3.10ish in normal drafts. Plenty of top end talent was spoken for already.

Reason 2 is because this offer was sitting in the other owners inbox for days

I receive- Jefferson

He receives- Kamara, 2025 1st, Shedeur Sanders 

He ignored my and 2 other owners offers completely. I think this goes beyond collusion, this is one person running multiple accounts. Or am I wearing a tinfoil hat?

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Ok there is a major controversy swirling in one of my leagues. Its a 12 team dynasty league with a devy component, normal PPR scoring..

Just started the draft yesterday, commish and one other team took WEEKS to finally pay. Also happens to be in 20 leagues together, claim to be buddies. Weird.

Pick 7 off the board, then this trade goes through-

commish gets- Justin Jefferson, trey Benson

Team 2 gets- James Cook, Pacheco, Courtland Sutton, Zach moss, 2.11

Team 2 defends the trade by saying he needs running backs... ok..

Now I mentioned the devy for 2 reasons. 1, that 2.11 is actually a 3.10ish in normal drafts. Plenty of top end talent was spoken for already.

Reason 2 is because this offer was sitting in the other owners inbox for days

I receive- Jefferson

He receives- Kamara, 2025 1st, Shedeur Sanders 

He ignored my and 2 other owners offers completely. I think this goes beyond collusion, this is one person running multiple accounts. Or am I wearing a tinfoil hat?

I think its a dumb trade because he gave away the most valuable asset by far but I just did it on a a couple trade calculators and the Cook/Pacheco side without the draft pick is heavily favored in that deal. If a team really needs RBs and is ok at WR without JJ, I can see making that deal. 

I don't know much about the Devy leagues but I don't think I would want Sanders as my developmental guy unless I really needed a QB.  And if the same concept is true that round 1 of this rookie draft is more like round 2 because guys like Marv and Odunze are Devy guys, then thats not exciting either given Kamara is about at the fall off age.  I would have likely ignored that offer completely too unless you think Shedeur Sanders is going to be the next Lamar Jackson.  

• Like 2

On 7/29/2024 at 2:37 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I think its a dumb trade because he gave away the most valuable asset by far but I just did it on a a couple trade calculators and the Cook/Pacheco side without the draft pick is heavily favored in that deal. If a team really needs RBs and is ok at WR without JJ, I can see making that deal. 

The way I see it Benson is pretty equal to either cook or Pacheco, and then the rest of that package doesn't come close to Jefferson in dynasty but I can see your side