Free Agency Rumors and Overreactions Thread: Day2 JB and a Penny

EaglesPeteC

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The fact that CJGJ hasn't been signed yet certainly isn't a bad sign. I am surprised Isaac hasn't found a home yet, but that Lindstrom deal might have given him some leverage that teams weren't expecting.

None of the top 3 OL signed anywhere yet. 

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I say no, what say you ??

I'd never say no to top talent as long as Howie can make it work with the rest of the moves. Would be foolish to say no imo. I'm sure a bunch will say no but I guess they don't like top talent. Like I said though would have to make sense for Howie

The Sirianni connection certainly helps

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'd never say no to top talent as long as Howie can make it work with the rest of the moves. Would be foolish to say no imo. I'm sure a bunch will say no but I guess they don't like top talent. Like I said though would have to make sense for Howie

The Sirianni connection certainly helps

Running backs have a shelf life. You want rookies not guys whose touches are running out.

• Like 1

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Running backs have a shelf life. You want rookies not guys whose touches are running out.

Not every RB falls off the cliff at the same time. To say that for sure is just wrong.

If he'll can play his contract out then it's a sweet deal. Rental mercenary and comp pick is a bonus. 

Also I rather not bank on a rookie that's not named Bijan or Gibbs. If it fails to work out then we potentially waste a year of hurts brown Smith n goedert. No thanks to wasting a year 

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not every RB falls off the cliff at the same time. To say that for sure is just wrong.

If he'll can play his contract out then it's a sweet deal. Rental mercenary and comp pick is a bonus. 

Also I rather not bank on a rookie that's not named Bijan or Gibbs. If it fails to work out then we potentially waste a year of hurts brown Smith n goedert. No thanks to wasting a year 

He wants a new deal - which is part of the problem; the deal he is on right now is incredible and I would absolutely trade for him with it. The extension he is going to get is going to be terrible and I want no part of that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scalamania said:

He wants a new deal - which is part of the problem; the deal he is on right now is incredible and I would absolutely trade for him with it. The extension he is going to get is going to be terrible and I want no part of that. 

Maybe the Nick connection would help with that. I highly doubt it happens but I wouldn't say no. 

The contract isn't something I'd worry about. Not with Howie at the helm and the cap just going up and up and up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe the Nick connection would help with that. I highly doubt it happens but I wouldn't say no. 

The contract isn't something I'd worry about. Not with Howie at the helm and the cap just going up and up and up. 

At no point would I ever consider paying a 27/28 (I don't know how old he is) RB 15M per year over 4/5 years, which is what I'm assuming he'll get. He's a great player but the twilight years are coming for him and I'd rather him be someone else's problem. 

Trading for Ekeler and giving him a new contract is just not smart. He is a good RB, but why would you trade for him, give him all the leverage in negotiations, and end up paying a lot of money to an RB? Just sign a guy in FA at that point or bring back Miles who would likely be cheaper.