Free Agency Rumors and Overreactions Thread: Day2 JB and a Penny

EaglesPeteC

42 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

At no point would I ever consider paying a 27/28 (I don't know how old he is) RB 15M per year over 4/5 years, which is what I'm assuming he'll get. He's a great player but the twilight years are coming for him and I'd rather him be someone else's problem. 

If that's what he'll get then it's not even worth discussing. But if howie pulls the trigger then it's cause he's gonna play out the contract or he's willing to come down off that number. 

I trust Howie so well see what the RB move is no later then after the draft

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Trading for Ekeler and giving him a new contract is just not smart. He is a good RB, but why would you trade for him, give him all the leverage in negotiations, and end up paying a lot of money to an RB? Just sign a guy in FA at that point or bring back Miles who would likely be cheaper.

I want any RB that can do both run and catch at elite levels. Don't care who it is but it's certainly not Sanders. Love miles but he can walk

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Would be a big enough deal that it would cancel out the TJ Edwards comp pick.

I thought Wagner didn't count towards the comp thing. I could be wrong but could've sworn I read that somewhere

Think the article was saying cut casualties don't count. Unless I dreamt all that lol

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I thought Wagner didn't count towards the comp thing. I could be wrong but could've sworn I read that somewhere

Think the article was saying cut casualties don't count. Unless I dreamt all that lol

I believe you are correct.