The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am going to sound so old man here, but Ryan Helsley seriously cant go through two "up downs" and still throw pitches? The guy thew 10 PITCHES! Hes thrown 21 in the past week. It may have been the worst excuse Ive ever heard Marmol use. 

Yes, the roster construction obviously wasnt good enough, but I saw what they were believing/hoping in. Nothing you can do about that now. Marmol is so in over his head its embarrassing. Its just as much Mo's fault, because his fragile ego cant handle a manager who has any bit of their own agency.

If Arenado actually is hurt and we aren't sitting him down, or Matz is as well and we haven't shut him down, thats worse than the Motter/Yepez stuff

Oli is the worst. He makes some of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen a manager make, and his ego doesn't let him learn from them. Never once have I heard him say he screwed up. 

We'll never win anything with him, no matter how talented the team is. 

17 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Oli was in a darned if you do darned if you don't situation there. Gio has been really good this year too. I don't blame Oli for that one and I'm far from an Oli apologist. 

Helsley didn't need to come out, so at the very least, why burn another pitcher in a close game? 

The guy used to be a starter and he can't sit down twice? WTF!

7 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

The team stopped playing for Oli when he threw O’Neil under the bus. It’s that simple.…..I’ve watched like 3 total innings over the past week so what do I know. 

And now he is so afraid to say anything negative, that his pressers are just comical word vomit at this point

I believe he was on thin ice with the guys as it was (there's stories out there that he is thought by some as a backstabber/snake on the way he went about getting the managerial job) 

We should have paid more attention when Holliday walked away, this is a organizational problem not just an Oli problem, he is just one of the worst symptoms 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Helsley didn't need to come out, so at the very least, why burn another pitcher in a close game? 

The guy used to be a starter and he can't sit down twice? WTF!

And yet if he leaves him in and he blows the lead, Oli gets crucified. 

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I dont think he does. The way Helsley dominated the previous 4 batters in 10 pitches, and had barely pitched that week...

Now, if Oli does his bumbling/stumbling over himself, then yes he could hear about it. But if he would just say "He's one of our best pitchers, he was dominant out there, I trusted in him to get it done" no one would have one peep.

But he is incapable of being honest, and just rattles off some coach speak BS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Doubt it. Just have someone already warming up and pull him at the sign of any trouble. That's all you can do, but taking one of your better pitchers who is cruising out after 10 pitches because he "sat down twice" is ridiculous.

Oli gets crucified because he continuously makes stupid mistakes that he doesn't learn from, and refuses to take accountability. It's never his fault. We're off to the worst start in 50 years and with the "Oh well when we pitch well, we don't hit and vice versa" mindset, we're never going to turn it around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Oli and Mo still have jobs? ****s hysterical. 

Doubt Mo will be let go midseason, but the longer Oli is left alone, the worse our odds are at ever having a chance. 

This guy would pull someone pitching a no hitter and then leave his replacement in after giving up 10 runs. I swear he’s betting against us. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

So he takes Monty out after 6 when he’s cruising but leaves Waino in around the same pitch count after giving up 3 in the 5th in his return. Make it make sense. 

I was at the game. If my dumb *** in the stands can tell that he was done after the 5th, I don't know how the manager can't.  

Also, if you checked out the free baseball, Arrenado pretty much gave them the first out of the inning.  Should have been charged with a base running error.  

Positive note:  Nootbar had a heck of a game.

• Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!