The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder whose spot on the 40 man Pena will take? Maybe Reyes starts on the 60 day DL retroactively? Did someone already make that suggestion? I'm rarely having good ideas.

If they're shooting for early May for his season debut, I think 60-day DL would take that out of the equation.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Looking at it, can we really afford to go into the season without a true backup CF?  I mean, Fowler would slide over to CF but I'd have to imagine they'd want a more natural backup OFer who can play CF.

I think we're perfectly content with Fowler sliding in at CF for a day off for Pham...

Now if Pham were to get hurt and be out for an extended period, then I think you'd see a roster move and Bader up...

I fully expect a lot of roster shuttling this year with the young guys, including the bench...

13 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not an arm issue, hamstring pull. That is good news. 

With an older pitcher, no injury is good. Especially in his legs, where most of your pitching starts at. I think Waino will be alright seems minor, but with the history of our pitchers and training staff...

55 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Did anyone see that Tommy Pham lost one of his special made contacts early on in ST and hasn't been able to find a replacement that is the exact same yet...

Yeah, I heard about that.  I think I read that he was more concerned with his swing mechanics than his eyesight.  He did some work on the back fields or in the cage a few days ago and I think he's been hitting better since then.  I hope he gets it all figured out.  I'm really rooting for him to have a big year.

50 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

Yeah, I heard about that.  I think I read that he was more concerned with his swing mechanics than his eyesight.  He did some work on the back fields or in the cage a few days ago and I think he's been hitting better since then.  I hope he gets it all figured out.  I'm really rooting for him to have a big year.

My question is, you finally figure out a contact that works for you last year. How do you not have like 5 or 6 replica pairs made lol...

Shame on him and the Cardinals. One of them should have had that done...

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Like just joining them for a meal?!? I wonder who gets the boot from the pen?

I'm assuming based on the tweet he's in the bullpen, at least to start the year.  I'm not sure I totally understand the implication in terms of arbitration clock.