The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He's a big 'if' at this point for opening day and Matheny came out and said it's hard for them to envision Carp moving around the infield as was the original plan, he's likely relegated to 1B until he's close to 100%...

Ive said it for a few years now. Stop moving the guy around the diamond. His versatility is a major asset when putting together the roster

After the roster has been set, he should be sticking to one spot (1B, 2B, 3B if we have to) until crunch time of the season when we may have to make a deadline acquisition and then he could move elsewhere for the playoff run.

But this moving around all season can only be a hindrance to one of your best hitters. He will say it doesnt bother him, and maybe it doesnt, but is sure doesnt help him

15 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Miles Mikolas had a fantastic start 3rd start. Was hitting 97 on the gun and missing a ton of bats. 

Yeah, I read he was working on some things (pitch selection & location) with Maddux last week.  Looks like it helped.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

One day people get frustrated with our offense.

Next day team scores 11 in the first 2 innings.

It's ST, so not sure why people are getting all bent up about it. We have people in the daily line-up who won't even be on the roster and the regulars are just trying to get into shape and working on things they won't be during the season.

I'd actually be more concerned if they were raking non-stop lol...

16 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yairo Munoz is having a fantastic spring. He keeps hitting and has been playing very good defense, even from the SS spot. He has the versatility we're looking for for that MIF Utility spot.

I think he has a legit shot to make the team, although Greg Garcia is out of options...

Garcia's past success with the team, especially as a pinch hitter, has to give him a leg up.  But Munoz is really making it hard for them to send him down.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:57 PM, kgarrett12486 said:

Lynn signed a 1 year deal today with the Twins for $12 million. Yet another FA who overestimated their market. 

Should have took the QO we offered. 

I was worried he might sit out till June and we wouldn't get the comp pick.

I was told comp picks need to exceed 50 million for a 1st round pick. Is this accurate?

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

I was told comp picks need to exceed 50 million for a 1st round pick. Is this accurate?

That's what I've read.  There's a lot of other rules and factors in that equation, too.  It's my understanding that the Cardinals will gain a pick after the sandwich picks at the end of Round 2.