The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

I like the deal. Go the bargain route with the cost of pitching in this market. Quintana will give us the innings we need at the BOR. 

Nunez was blocked here (he wasn't gonna stock at 3B and would've had to move to 1B/DH) and I think organization had soured on Oviedo as a potential SP. 

Really thought I was going to wake up to something. Happy with the Quintana trade, but we have to get atleast a Thor/Mahle type guy for me to be happy. 

As much as I want Soto (which has intensified this past couple days), I really don't want to overpay. If Walker is in the deal, I really hope Carlson/Gorman are not. Carlson, Winn, Liberatore, Graceffo, and another lesser prospect or Yepez would be my offer. 

20 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Psssst… those are already the “lesser prospects” when it comes to a guy like Soto

Carlson and Winn are pretty big pieces IMO. I'm just not sure how much trading Gorman and Carlson, along with a few more top tier prospects, actually helps the team both now and in the future considering the contract we'd have to deal out. If Dejong continues to smash it would work out great, but are we really going to rely on that happening? 

9 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

My final guess will be;

Juan Soto and Carl Edwards

for

Nolan Gorman, Mathew Liberatore, Jordan Walker, Alec Burleson, Gordon Graceffo and Connor Lunn

If we're gonna end up pulling the trigger, I think the deal will be:

Carlson, Gorman, Wynn, Graceffo and Burleson 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Carlson and Winn are pretty big pieces IMO. I'm just not sure how much trading Gorman and Carlson, along with a few more top tier prospects, actually helps the team both now and in the future considering the contract we'd have to deal out. If Dejong continues to smash it would work out great, but are we really going to rely on that happening? 

I shouldn’t have said Winn, that’s fair. But everyone outside of Carlson/Walker/Winn are just the added pieces to a deal for the caliber of player like Soto. And I think we are basically offering the Nats to pick one of those three, and then the amount/level of added pieces are dependent on that starting piece. 

I also think that Bader’s injury is going to have us leaning more toward keeping Carlson right now, because a big piece of this is being able to make a run this year. 

You ask if we are going to rely on DeJong, but atleast we know he has done it before. Why so many of you are blindly assuming Gorman can be any better than him, especially as a rookie in a playoff situation, surprises me.

Its one thing to be hopeful about a prospects future, but that future could still be 2 years from now, even with them already in the majors

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If we're gonna end up pulling the trigger, I think the deal will be:

Carlson, Gorman, Wynn, Graceffo and Burleson 

Very well could be, but I think this Bader injury has thrown a wrench into the whole thing. If we send out Carlson in this deal, and Bader never gets his foot right this season what do you do in CF for the important games?