The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

On 8/27/2022 at 9:42 PM, JonStark said:

Can't believe we pulled that off. Let's go!

I got to go the game with my daughter.  She may have been slightly offended when I said that TON should lean into another one when he came up with the bases loaded. 😆  It was an amazing win!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

50 Cent No GIF by DAZN North America

Do we really want to mess with the mojo of this team right now?

I get the question, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  It's a risk-reward thing.  The 5th starter spot has been a weak spot, and Jack has the capability to provide a huge boost.  I'm not really expecting much...been burned too many times recently. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I get the question, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  It's a risk-reward thing.  The 5th starter spot has been a weak spot, and Jack has the capability to provide a huge boost.  I'm not really expecting much...been burned too many times recently. 

Does he? Does the 2022 version of Jack have that ability? Because I dont think so. 

I get it, you want to remember '19 Jack, but that guy isnt walking out of the dugout 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Does he? Does the 2022 version of Jack have that ability? Because I dont think so. 

I get it, you want to remember '19 Jack, but that guy isnt walking out of the dugout 

I'm not expecting '19 Jack.  But I think we know what Hudson is.  Jack is at least that (if healthy) and can be more than that.

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

We've never really seen the 2022 version of Flaherty. he's been dealing with the dead arm issue the brief time he was back. He may not be 2019 Flaherty again, but I don't think he's 2022 Jack Flaherty either. Answer is probably somewhere in the middle and that ceiling is high. 

I'd much rather give him a shot than continue to run Hudson out there hoping you get more than 4 innings and less than 4 runs every 1/5 starts. 

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Tyler O'Neill has an average over .280 and an OPS north of .900 his last 15 games. if he's truly turning the corner and keeps this pace up, this offense can get real scary. 

His walk rate is up and his K rate is down. He's back to punishing the FB. I pray he's re-emerging. 

Having 3 boppers behind two guys that get on base all the time is a recipe for winning. TON will help take some of the burden off of Arenado and Goldy.

I think I've shared this in past on this forum, but I went to high school and college with Ross Detwiler. We've remained in contact via SM/texts over the years. I hit him up this morning asking how it felt. He said it's pretty cool to give one up to your childhood icon and it be ahistorical one at that. He knew Pujols had never gotten him before last night.  

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think I've shared this in past on this forum, but I went to high school and college with Ross Detwiler. We've remained in contact via SM/texts over the years. I hit him up this morning asking how it felt. He said it's pretty cool to give one up to your childhood icon and it be ahistorical one at that. He knew Pujols had never gotten him before last night.  

And it wasnt even a bad pitch, Albert just went and got it

• Like 1