The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anyone see this? This would be quite a feat. he has been tearing up every level so far.

Maikel Cleto, now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

I remember watching him pitch in Springfield. He was blowing the doors off those poor AA guys. 

Gordon Graceffo is getting called up. Katie Woo said he’ll pitch out of the Pen initially. 

Michael McGreevy with another great start tonight 

7 ip, 3 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 8 strikeouts 

April-May:
2-6, 10 starts, 6.02 ERA, 7.5 H/9, 7.2 K/9, 2.92 BB/9, .292 BAA 

June: 
2-1, 5 starts, 2.12 ERA, 6.4 H/9, 9.7 K/9, 2.72 BB/9, .196 BAA 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Arenado is straight garbage.

Remember when he opted in and we all thought the remainder of his deal was going to be a steal? It's looking like a contract that could be a burden now.

His extra base power has been gone for almost 12 months now and he's never been a high OBP guy in his career. His defense is still above average, but not the elite clip anymore. Can't be paying a corner infielder $30+ million to be a sub .700 OPS guy and basically a station to station hitter.

Will never say the trade wasn't a win, because we gave up nothing of significance and they still ate money on their end, but it has not materialized into the great trade we thought it was at the time and the superstar we thought we'd be getting. Arenado had one elite year with us and the other few have been below his career norms.

I know we couldn't have done it, but in hindsight it would've been great to have dealt him this off-season.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Remember when he opted in and we all thought the remainder of his deal was going to be a steal? It's looking like a contract that could be a burden now.

His extra base power has been gone for almost 12 months now and he's never been a high OBP guy in his career. His defense is still above average, but not the elite clip anymore. Can't be paying a corner infielder $30+ million to be a sub .700 OPS guy and basically a station to station hitter.

Will never say the trade wasn't a win, because we gave up nothing of significance and they still ate money on their end, but it has not materialized into the great trade we thought it was at the time and the superstar we thought we'd be getting. Arenado had one elite year with us and the other few have been below his career norms.

I know we couldn't have done it, but in hindsight it would've been great to have dealt him this off-season.

Yea his fall off right now is crazy. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Freaking Arenado smh. Getting our ***** handed to us by the Reds where we once again struggle to put up runs.

I don't know how they scored it, but he had probably 3 errors in the 5th or 6th, I can't recall.  I left right after the guy made his pitching debut.  It was really hot out in the bleachers this afternoon.  

But be sure to come to the game on August 14th for Nolan Arenado colander night!  It lets most things right through!  

[edit] I did get to see Elly De La Cruz hit a triple.  That guy is a heck of a player.  Really fun to watch.

Edited by ThatJerkDave

Thank goodness the month of June is done for Gorman. He's got one of those weird baseball anamolies. In his career:

- Every month outside of June he's between a .215 to .283 hitter and has an OPS around .800

- In the month of June he has a .164 average and an OPS hovering around .400

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm interested to see where Burly's career goes. His power is looking a lot more impressive than I thought it was going to be. The dude can hit. I wonder if the FO sees him as Goldy's replacement at 1B? 

His defense has been better than we were led to believe as well. Not saying he's great in that capacity,  but can be league average in OF and maybe little better than that at 1B.

Honestly, doesn't matter to me if he's 1B, RF or DH as long as he continues down this path with bat development. I love his consistency. Something this lineup lacks from top to bottom.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm interested to see where Burly's career goes. His power is looking a lot more impressive than I thought it was going to be. The dude can hit. I wonder if the FO sees him as Goldy's replacement at 1B? 

Unfortunately, if he ever figures out the bat, Walker may be forced to be the long term 1B. Because he certainly isnt an Outfielder. 

Its amazing that he was ever a 3B prospect

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Thank goodness the month of June is done for Gorman.

Hopefully hes turned a corner, but even with him hitting along with Burleson, we still need atleast another Bat in this lineup (unless miraculously Goldy and Arenado find the time machine) And the obvious spot in the lineup is CF. 

Im sure many will say Noot is coming back, but hes been rough when playing this year. The dream is obviously Luis Robert, but Im not sure we have enough talent (that we'd be willing to part with) to get him. Would you take a chance on a Jazz Chisholm? Or who else could be a fit there?