The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kid seems like a stud. When exactly is his ETA? He definitely seems like he should be in at least AAA now the way he’s dominating AA batters.

Am I crazy to think he could make the rotation out spring training? He's thrown enough innings to pretty give him a young starters workload. 

22 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kid seems like a stud. When exactly is his ETA? He definitely seems like he should be in at least AAA now the way he’s dominating AA batters.

Probably sometime next year.

You guys thought this version of Mo has been bad. What do you think the Lame Duck version is about to be? Absolutely no accountability? Get ready for more mediocrity next year

I feel like DeWitt the 3rd has officially taken over, theres no way Jr would let this be how we go about 2025

On 8/28/2024 at 12:30 PM, StLunatic88 said:

You guys thought this version of Mo has been bad. What do you think the Lame Duck version is about to be? Absolutely no accountability? Get ready for more mediocrity next year

I feel like DeWitt the 3rd has officially taken over, theres no way Jr would let this be how we go about 2025

My biggest fear is the whole uncertainty regarding the Diamond Sports Group is going to put everything to a screeching halt in terms of turning over the roster.  It was reported at the deadline that the Cardinals weren't willing to take on more salary in any trades, so it stands to reason that the Cardinals probably aren't inclined to sign another manager (and GM) to a deal while paying their current ones.

EDIT: If they're going to operate that way, they might as well tear this thing down to the studs and do a hard rebuild like the Astros and Orioles did.

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Trade for Tommy Pham. DFA Tommy Pham. Let the Royals claim him.

I mean, the Cardinals kept talking themselves into the notion that they were a playoff team.  And they were never a playoff team to begin with.  They have the 22nd worst run differential in baseball this year.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, the Cardinals kept talking themselves into the notion that they were a playoff team.  And they were never a playoff team to begin with.  They have the 22nd worst run differential in baseball this year.

And I think that is everyone's frustration for the past couple of years.. The writing is on the wall and ownership/the FO are being straight up negligent

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

And I think that is everyone's frustration for the past couple of years.. The writing is on the wall and ownership/the FO are being straight up negligent

I'm hesitant to put the blame on any one individual, but it starts at the top.  If the Cardinals are going to be frozen because of the uncertainty with DSG contract than they might as well tear things down to the studs.  Because right now, there's not even the framework of a contender.  You've got a few nice pieces in Masyn Winn, Sonny Gray, and a slew of guys who are doing okay but this lacks any true talent.  I'd listen to any offers on just about every player.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 9:44 PM, CWood21 said:

I'm hesitant to put the blame on any one individual, but it starts at the top.  If the Cardinals are going to be frozen because of the uncertainty with DSG contract than they might as well tear things down to the studs.  Because right now, there's not even the framework of a contender.  You've got a few nice pieces in Masyn Winn, Sonny Gray, and a slew of guys who are doing okay but this lacks any true talent.  I'd listen to any offers on just about every player.

We could probably decently restock the farm system with some of the guys we have (Mikolas, Fedde, Helsley, Contrares, Herrera, Whichever of the OF you dont commit to) but if this ere to happen, it really all comes down to what we can get back from a Arenado trade.

What do you think hes worth right now. Not asking specific returns, but is he 50 Cents on the Dollar? 75? 90? Hes got a payroll hit for like $21/16/15 for the next 3 years, so his contract is actually kind of a plus for his trade value where it was a hindrance when we got him (love that deferred money through 2041)