Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

This is well….interesting lol

Not even the biggest McZieg supporters can defend them if Jimmy ends up being released because of this.

Honestly, long term this could workout well…

Assuming Brady as our QB isn’t a real thing, then we’re looking at Aiden or Hoyer as QB. That’s guaranteed #1 draft pick material right there… we finally get our franchise QB.

Trade Adams, Renfrow and Jacobs and we have a lot capital going into the draft to set a long-term foundation for our team.

22 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Assuming Brady as our QB isn’t a real thing, then we’re looking at Aiden or Hoyer as QB. That’s guaranteed #1 draft pick material right there… we finally get our franchise QB.

Trade Adams, Renfrow and Jacobs and we have a lot capital going into the draft to set a long-term foundation for our team.

You wouldn't have to. Williams or young slide into this offense day 1 with weapons and protection. It's a great situation to be in.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You wouldn't have to. Williams or young slide into this offense day 1 with weapons and protection. It's a great situation to be in.

Oh I 100% agree, I’d just prefer it.

I really think we need to move from Adams sooner than later as father-time is going to come eventually and Jacobs value is as high as it’ll likely ever be and I’m still of the mind that rbs are quite interchangeable as for Renfrow, it’ll make me sad to move on as he’s one of my favorites, but there’s a logjam at his position  on our team.

I guess, it boils down to the fact that  I’d just like to rip the back-aid off and start fresh.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Truth be told if he's not ready, that's not on him. It's on the team that signed him, expecting him to be the starting quarterback.

Josh just sitting back like wow y’all just gave him how much guaranteed $

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Oh I 100% agree, I’d just prefer it.

I really think we need to move from Adams sooner than later as father-time is going to come eventually and Jacobs value is as high as it’ll likely ever be and I’m still of the mind that rbs are quite interchangeable as for Renfrow, it’ll make me sad to move on as he’s one of my favorites, but there’s a logjam at his position  on our team.

I guess, it boils down to the fact that  I’d just like to rip the back-aid off and start fresh.

People say this but Adams game is built on polish. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a Jerry Rice like longevity into his late 30s. I'm not saying he'll be top 5 then, but the guy just turned 30 and plays the game in a way that ages incredibly well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I said it in other threads… we have to immediately trade Adams and should trade Renfrow (if he isn’t traded already) and Jacobs too. 

I wouldn’t trade Adams because of fears he’ll be out of his prime for the QBotF, I’d trade him for his sake and to prevent a situation from happening.  He’s got a valid claim for wanting to get shipped out.

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This can’t be life lol 

havent we as fans been thru enough already 

health = wealth?

My relationship with the Raiders has always reminded me of an abusive marriage.

The team is an old school, (Irish/Italian) Catholic abusive husband…. Barely bringing in enough money from work to pay the bills, drinks too much, and is forever miserable and cold.

Us fans are the abused housewife who is loyal, the idea of leaving/divorce doesn’t ever come to mind, and has grown content with the little she has.