Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I think you'll find the childish names on both sides.
My two cents to those names:

If you add names like "McDummy"; "Leatherwhiff/Pleatherwood" and others it turns your justified criticism into unnecassary hate on somebody. Same goes for saying things like "your daddy XY" to someone else.

I personally don't mind if someone's calling out suspect moves. It's just sometimes I think, that I would like to see those guys would put the same effort/energy in praising moves that were good as in calling out suspect moves.

It's always like that:

Good move -> "Yeah good move, BUT.." and then the topic is back to criticize move XY

🎯🎯🎯

12 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I think you'll find the childish names on both sides.
My two cents to those names:

If you add names like "McDummy"; "Leatherwhiff/Pleatherwood" and others it turns your justified criticism into unnecassary hate on somebody. Same goes for saying things like "your daddy XY" to someone else.

I personally don't mind if someone's calling out suspect moves. It's just sometimes I think, that I would like to see those guys would put the same effort/energy in praising moves that were good as in calling out suspect moves.

It's always like that:

Good move -> "Yeah good move, BUT.." and then the topic is back to criticize move XY

Agreed. Both sides take it too far, I do find it funny that those complaining that people are too negative are the same ones that were overly critical of Carr and couldn’t say anything positive at all. Pot, kettle. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What’s more confusing is how Jimmy was walking around all winter and didn’t notice anything wrong. Did he not try to run or exercise? Did he not think hmm my foot still hurts maybe I should get my foot checked out privately since I’m not on the niners anymore?

Lol Niners doctors said rest will due, obviously over time there was no pain. Raiders looked at it and decided it wasn't healed correctly and didn't want him to go into the season risking reinjury, take care of the problem go from there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lol Niners doctors said rest will due, obviously over time there was no pain. Raiders looked at it and decided it wasn't healed correctly and didn't want him to go into the season risking reinjury, take care of the problem go from there.

So you’re saying he was pain free ready to play and we said no go have surgery?

12 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agreed. Both sides take it too far, I do find it funny that those complaining that people are too negative are the same ones that were overly critical of Carr and couldn’t say anything positive at all. Pot, kettle. 

Carr = 9 years starting w/ Middling results. = Getting Heat from me and deserving so. No other team has operated with more losing QB ever!

Jimmy G= Hasn’t had an opportunity to played a game with us = Optimism!

33 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So you’re saying he was pain free ready to play and we said no go have surgery?

I'm saying he could have been pain free and yes. They did extensive test and seen it was not healing correctly which makes it a high probability of re-injury. I mean Ive broken my finger and because I hate doctors I put off going, the pain went away but soon realized didnt have full range of motion, they gave me the option i could just leave it like that or they have to re break it and let it heal properly if i want full range of motion. Same with my knee did damage to my knee opted for no surgery I had no pain walking but took a few months to be able to run again. But if I was trying to play professional sports this knee is a red flag.

Edited by raidr4life

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr = 9 years starting w/ Middling results. = Getting Heat from me and deserving so. No other team has operated with more losing QB ever!

Jimmy G= Hasn’t had an opportunity to played a game with us = Optimism!

As I said pot, kettle. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm saying he could have been pain free and yes. They did extensive test and seen it was not healing correctly which makes it a high probability of re-injury. I mean Ive broken my finger and because I hate doctors I put off going, the pain went away but soon realized didnt have full range of motion, they gave me the option i could just leave it like that or they have to re break it and let it heal properly if i want full range of motion. Same with my knee did damage to my knee opted for no surgery I had no pain walking but took a few months to be able to run again. But if I was trying to play professional sports this knee is a red flag.

I hear you but professional athletes maybe take a few weeks then back to the grind. If he was actively training imo he would know something is wrong. He’s worth millions. I hear maxx talk about how hard he trains see Brady on the beach going crazy in the sand. 

then I think about shanny talking about how Mia jimmy is off the field. I think dude just hangs out in the bunny ranches and models clothes. I know ig pages aren’t the golden truth but other athletes post training stuff. Jimmy posts modeling photos

If there is no pressure he is ok.  But if he feels like someone is close to him he will start panicking and just throw it to who ever he sees and most likely get picked off.  Plus for some reason when he knows he is going to get sacked he never throws the ball away he will take the sack.  That's in the pocket and when he is scrambling.  I'll give you a heads up.  If he thinks he is going to get pressure on him just watch his feet. If he starts tapping his feet like he is nervous, really good chance he is going to throw a bad ball.

But the reason I would take Carr over Jimmy is Carr will throw deep. Jimmy won't.  Jimmy has a weak arm and doesn't trust his accuracy or arm strength. So get used to replays of broadcasters saying it would have been a TD if he would have thrown it deep to that open guy.

I am messaging my cousin about our discussion.  He's a 9ers fan.  I always appreciate his insight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I am messaging my cousin about our discussion.  He's a 9ers fan.  I always appreciate his insight.

There's more.

There is more. I know you're like me. You don't just watch the game. You pay attention to all the little details. Jimmy rarely hits WRs in stride. Most of the time WRs will have to stop, jump, or slow down to catch his passes. So, you're going to lose a lot of yards after the catch because of that.

In Jimmy G. @bucksavage1 trusts.

• Like 1

He was 100 percent carried. He is below average. The worst part is you guys didn't even get him cheap. You guys paid lots of money for a bad QB.  Be ready to break some stuff around the house while watching the game.

Last bit.  I told him I may not watch many games this season lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well this last one is Carr too and we all know Carr doesn't throw the best deep ball even though he can.

From all the reports I’ve seen over the past 3 years he typically ranks in the top 10 in deep passes.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4

https://www.raiders.com/news/next-gen-stats-derek-carr-is-a-top-10-deep-threat-passer-in-the-nfl

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-top-10-nfl-deep-passers-of-2022-geno-smith-tua-tagovailoa-excel-a

I don’t recall seeing Jimmy G on any list saying he was a top 10 QB at throwing the deep ball. 

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

From all the reports I’ve seen over the past 3 years he typically ranks in the top 10 in deep passes.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4

https://www.raiders.com/news/next-gen-stats-derek-carr-is-a-top-10-deep-threat-passer-in-the-nfl

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-top-10-nfl-deep-passers-of-2022-geno-smith-tua-tagovailoa-excel-a

I don’t recall seeing Jimmy G on any list saying he was a top 10 QB at throwing the deep ball. 

First they classified deep passes as 20 plus yards, we know Carr is good at 20-30 yard passes. His bombs however are floaters and end up incomplete out of bounds most of the time. They also gave a lot of credit to him having Adams last year it said he was crap throwing to anybody else.

Edited by raidr4life