Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

First they classified deep passes as 20 plus yards, we know Carr is good at 20-30 yard passes. His bombs however are floaters and end up incomplete out of bounds most of the time. They also gave a lot of credit to him having Adams last year it said he was crap throwing to anybody else.

Hunter Renfrow who couldn’t improvise or run his sweet routes and the dude who didn’t wear shoes. Waller was injured. Still listed in the top 10 either way. Jimmy G has probably never been listed in the top 10 on any deep throwing lists (20 yards and more).

I literally just looked for the first or second link that came up for each year to prove my point. All you’ve done is said he sucks which still doesn’t take him off those lists. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Hunter Renfrow who couldn’t improvise or run his sweet routes and the dude who didn’t wear shoes. Waller was injured. Still listed in the top 10 either way. Jimmy G has probably never been listed in the top 10 on any deep throwing lists (20 yards and more).

I literally just looked for the first or second link that came up for each year to prove my point. All you’ve done is said he sucks which still doesn’t take him off those lists. 

You not paying attention, I didn't say he sucks I literally said we know Carr is good 20-30, but his actual bombs air it out bombs he's not great at. He throws floaters and throws them out of bounds alot. Hollins made same crazy catches on poorly thrown really deep balls, and yes I take issue with calling 20 yard passes deep balls but that's not my point anyway. When he truly airs it out they float WRs have to stop and wait for the ball and that's not saying he hasn't thrown dimes sometimes, but he's not an accurate deep ball thrower either. 

Added note Carr and Davis Mills lead the league in poor throws.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

You not paying attention, I didn't say he sucks I literally said we know Carr is good 20-30, but his actual bombs air it out bombs he's not great at. He throws floaters and throws them out of bounds alot. Hollins made same crazy catches on poorly thrown really deep balls, and yes I take issue with calling 20 yard passes deep balls but that's not my point anyway. When he truly airs it out they float WRs have to stop and wait for the ball and that's not saying he hasn't thrown dimes sometimes, but he's not an accurate deep ball thrower either. 

Added note Carr and Davis Mills lead the league in poor throws.

Do you have a link for this? Or just personal opinion?

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Do you have a link for this? Or just personal opinion?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/passing_advanced.htm

I assume this is it. I’m not going to argue with his bad throws in 2022. He had a bad year.

I looked at 2021 as well. Crazy how many bad throws Brady, Allen, Mahomes had as well that year. 

2020 he was middle of the pack in bad throws. Obviously different QBs had different amounts of pass attempts so there’s a lot more to analyzing all of this.

Jimmy G apparently doesn’t throw many bad passes according to that website. So if that holds true then that should be good. We’ll see what happens.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I assume this is it. I’m not going to argue with his bad throws in 2022. He had a bad year.

I looked at 2021 as well. Crazy how many bad throws Brady, Allen, Mahomes had as well that year. 

2020 he was middle of the pack in bad throws. Obviously different QBs had different amounts of pass attempts so there’s a lot more to analyzing all of this.

Jimmy G apparently doesn’t throw many bad passes according to that website. So if that holds true then that should be good. We’ll see what happens.

That's why I really look at the percentage. Atleast you noticed Jimmy has had a very low percentage of bad throws the last 2 years.

You want to know what else Jimmy is better at?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/red-zone-stats/qb.php?year=2022&range=full

Digging even deeper Jimmy has rushed for more 1st downs the last 2 years also.

Edited by raidr4life

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think ‘bad throws’ is probably directly correlated to type of throws you’re making. If you’re dumping it off and throwing short, quick routes I would think there would be less bad throws. Guys like Allen, Brady, Mahones do attempt hard throws so there’s probably more room for errant throws IMO. Garoppolo is famous for feeding on short and easy throws so I think that may explain that some.

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think ‘bad throws’ is probably directly correlated to type of throws you’re making. If you’re dumping it off and throwing short, quick routes I would think there would be less bad throws. Guys like Allen, Brady, Mahones do attempt hard throws so there’s probably more room for errant throws IMO. Garoppolo is famous for feeding on short and easy throws so I think that may explain that some.

Idk man in 2021 in 10+, 20+, 30+, 40+, 50+ yard passes, their numbers are almost identical Jimmy missed 2 games.

On 5/30/2023 at 6:58 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Then continue to be unhappy with it. There are plenty of reasons to believe that we won't be very good this year. 

We SUCK is #1

#2 is an owner who's still trying to figure things out. Al was a control freak but Mark was handed this and not given responsibilities early on like what's happening in Dallas. At least Mark makes good comments about the other teams so credit there. Having Brady will help as I think it just attracts more networking and influence over the long term and Vegas has been growing in all areas since The Great Recession.

#3 Unproven GM. Still got hope even if McDaniels doesn't work out. I wouldn't can both and at least see who he'd want to bring in before firing Z. If I didn't like the vision/plan then fire as I'd have final approval if I was Mark and I'd listen to Brady.

#4 I had GM and HC in the above but McDaniels isn't 'unproven' he's proved his inexperience in Denver and shown he'd bail on Indy. I didn't like the guy as a person but was willing to give him a chance. With what I saw last year, I stopped watching games. Since trading Mack this hasn't felt like the Raiders I grew up loving and being 'loyal' to. Also the NFL as a 'product' doesn't seem to be as good as it use to be. (As a 'sport' it's more popular with fantasy/ratings but the flag football experiment was a beta test)

#5 Quarterback...We need a long term solution. Hopefully that comes next season but with Jimmy G needing surgery I would have went harder for Stiddy. I think the team would have the same record with either QB. Both better fits in the system but anyone watching SF games KNOWS what we've got and their fans were happy to move on.

#6 Oline... I was going to put Defense here but this lack of upgrade affects the QB more in the game. Our current signed and expected starter is known to not stay on the field. Oline helps keep the QB upright and I was shocked we didn't address this more. Expecting chemistry and another year in the system seems to be 'the plan' and they did get better as the season progressed so it's a gamble that might pay off.

#7 DEFENSE!!! If the rookies step up then we improve because we can't get much worse!  I could break down each position but we all know so nuff said...

#8 Use of 'resources' looks WORSE than Grudock...At least the guys that didn't work out we thought would be 'solid.' Mc'Z's reaches look similar to Reggie's reaches. Couple rounds early on a few guys.Trading away a former pro bowl TE to use a higher pick (resource) on his replacement. (I like the replacement, just not the use of 'resources' as both can be true) We use a 3rd on a WR (reach and unproven) after using our 1st and 2nd last year on a pro bowler and after we signed a good #2 WR. Team has a LOT of needs but you'd think WR isn't one of them yet I feel like it will be by next year...

#9 Divided fanbase. Winning cures EVERYTHING! Living in Vegas I see lots of Knights stuff. Raiders stuff is growing but the stadium will feel like the Roomba more than the Death Star with other teams fans taking over the city if we don't WIN!!! As long as we won I'm good with their drunken arse's weaving in and out of the crowd. Losing?!? Well I could see some fans turning it into fight night...I think some of us would do that as fans of the same team. lol 

#10 Culture/Loyality/Committment to Excellence/Just WIN baby... Maybe it's just me since Mack got traded but something just seems 'lost' as the ship sails across the sea. It just doesn't feel like it use to. Maybe this is a consequence of Free Agency over time. All I know is I use to never miss watching a game. Lived in Colorado when the Donkey's were winning and I kept fighting. Lived in San Diego when we went to the Super Bowl and saw more Raider fans than Charger fans back then. Lived in LA and saw tremendous support for a team that had come and gone. Now I'm in Cali/Vegas looking to invest in Florida and thinking there was a time when all that mattered was turning on that game and seeing the Raiders play even if we sucked...Things change...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Idk man in 2021 in 10+, 20+, 30+, 40+, 50+ yard passes, their numbers are almost identical Jimmy missed 2 games.

What?!?! You think Garoppolo is attempting the types of passes that Allen attempts. I just don’t know what to say……………..

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I meant Carr and Garoppolo numbers are almost identical 

But that wouldn’t make any sense? I was responding to someone who said Brady, Mahones and Allen apparently make more bad throws than Garoppolo and I was just reasoning that’s because they’re making harder throws?

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

But that wouldn’t make any sense? I was responding to someone who said Brady, Mahones and Allen apparently make more bad throws than Garoppolo and I was just reasoning that’s because they’re making harder throws?

It was in response to you saying Jimmy only makes short and easy throws as to why he had less bad throws. 

19 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It was in response to you saying Jimmy only makes short and easy throws as to why he had less bad throws. 

Well, I didn’t really say he only made those throws! I said he’s famous for feeding on short and easy throws which he is.

I think you and Buck are just trying to draw me into a Carr v Jimmy debate so I’ll take my leave now cheers 🍺

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G said:

We SUCK is #1

#2 is an owner who's still trying to figure things out. Al was a control freak but Mark was handed this and not given responsibilities early on like what's happening in Dallas. At least Mark makes good comments about the other teams so credit there. Having Brady will help as I think it just attracts more networking and influence over the long term and Vegas has been growing in all areas since The Great Recession.

#3 Unproven GM. Still got hope even if McDaniels doesn't work out. I wouldn't can both and at least see who he'd want to bring in before firing Z. If I didn't like the vision/plan then fire as I'd have final approval if I was Mark and I'd listen to Brady.

#4 I had GM and HC in the above but McDaniels isn't 'unproven' he's proved his inexperience in Denver and shown he'd bail on Indy. I didn't like the guy as a person but was willing to give him a chance. With what I saw last year, I stopped watching games. Since trading Mack this hasn't felt like the Raiders I grew up loving and being 'loyal' to. Also the NFL as a 'product' doesn't seem to be as good as it use to be. (As a 'sport' it's more popular with fantasy/ratings but the flag football experiment was a beta test)

#5 Quarterback...We need a long term solution. Hopefully that comes next season but with Jimmy G needing surgery I would have went harder for Stiddy. I think the team would have the same record with either QB. Both better fits in the system but anyone watching SF games KNOWS what we've got and their fans were happy to move on.

#6 Oline... I was going to put Defense here but this lack of upgrade affects the QB more in the game. Our current signed and expected starter is known to not stay on the field. Oline helps keep the QB upright and I was shocked we didn't address this more. Expecting chemistry and another year in the system seems to be 'the plan' and they did get better as the season progressed so it's a gamble that might pay off.

#7 DEFENSE!!! If the rookies step up then we improve because we can't get much worse!  I could break down each position but we all know so nuff said...

#8 Use of 'resources' looks WORSE than Grudock...At least the guys that didn't work out we thought would be 'solid.' Mc'Z's reaches look similar to Reggie's reaches. Couple rounds early on a few guys.Trading away a former pro bowl TE to use a higher pick (resource) on his replacement. (I like the replacement, just not the use of 'resources' as both can be true) We use a 3rd on a WR (reach and unproven) after using our 1st and 2nd last year on a pro bowler and after we signed a good #2 WR. Team has a LOT of needs but you'd think WR isn't one of them yet I feel like it will be by next year...

#9 Divided fanbase. Winning cures EVERYTHING! Living in Vegas I see lots of Knights stuff. Raiders stuff is growing but the stadium will feel like the Roomba more than the Death Star with other teams fans taking over the city if we don't WIN!!! As long as we won I'm good with their drunken arse's weaving in and out of the crowd. Losing?!? Well I could see some fans turning it into fight night...I think some of us would do that as fans of the same team. lol 

#10 Culture/Loyality/Committment to Excellence/Just WIN baby... Maybe it's just me since Mack got traded but something just seems 'lost' as the ship sails across the sea. It just doesn't feel like it use to. Maybe this is a consequence of Free Agency over time. All I know is I use to never miss watching a game. Lived in Colorado when the Donkey's were winning and I kept fighting. Lived in San Diego when we went to the Super Bowl and saw more Raider fans than Charger fans back then. Lived in LA and saw tremendous support for a team that had come and gone. Now I'm in Cali/Vegas looking to invest in Florida and thinking there was a time when all that mattered was turning on that game and seeing the Raiders play even if we sucked...Things change...

This is me too brother, even lived in some of the same areas. I’m seriously thinking about NOT getting Sunday ticket this year. Been a ST subscriber since 1998. Smmfh!!!

• Like 2