Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you’re missing my point! Or avoiding it 😁

I totally understand about having an average place holder at QB then trying to upgrade with a high potential rookie. No problem there whatsoever. I think Garoppolo is a very average to decent QB (injuries aside).

However, I keep getting told that Garoppolo is a proven winner and I believe it is yourself thinks he’s going to lead us to a 10 win season. I believe  you also put the 49ers wins on Garoppolo’s shoulders rather than him being carried by the team, and posted numerous ‘advanced stats’ attempting to demonstrate he’s a ‘winner’.

If he’s truly this ‘winner’ and can drag this very incomplete and patchy team (does anyone think we have a good overall roster) to a 10 win record and into the playoffs then surely he’s a top 5 to 10 QB, and by extension if we’ve already got a good to very good QB then there’s a massive risk in trying to upgrade. It’s like the Chargers trying to upgrade from Herbert or Baltimore trying to upgrade from Jackson. Yes there are better QBs out there but the chances of getting a significant upgrade are very, very slim.

Garoppolo is either a proven winner and hence top QB or just a journeyman place holder. Sadly I believe the latter until proven otherwise.

He’s a little of both. Yes he is a placeholder that can start  a couple seasons and compete with until a younger/better replacement is developed. I don’t see anything wrong with that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

He’s a little of both. Yes he is a placeholder that can start  a couple seasons and compete with until a younger/better replacement is developed. I don’t see anything wrong with that 

I think he’s a waste of money and time. 

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Stidham was a option we just low balled him

Mariota, brissett, darnold, baker etc

Brissett would have been my choice. He's been un the system and has played reasonably well in tough spots. 

Mariota and Baker would clash with McDummy. 

Darn Darnold is hot garbage. 

Just finished watching kc niners super bowl 

-I see what someone mentioned about the long kittles pass and almost sanders pass

-curious sf was up 20-10 but lost 31-20 was it the sf defense fault for not holding the lead? Or sf offense for not continuing to score?

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

-I see what someone mentioned about the long kittles pass and almost sanders pass

-curious sf was up 20-10 but lost 31-20 was it the sf defense fault for not holding the lead? Or sf offense for not continuing to score?

Sounds like a Raiders 2022 season type of argument.  I think it is inexcusable for the offense to get shut out and shows that even a top defense can not sustain a lead on their own.  Both deserve some blame but I would have to watch the game to know who deserves more.  Just like some game our offense deserved to be blasted and some games the defense.  After a season of the same things happening over and over again I would have to give most of the blame to the coaches.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Sounds like a Raiders 2022 season type of argument.  I think it is inexcusable for the offense to get shut out and shows that even a top defense can not sustain a lead on their own.  Both deserve some blame but I would have to watch the game to know who deserves more.  Just like some game our offense deserved to be blasted and some games the defense.  After a season of the same things happening over and over again I would have to give most of the blame to the coaches.

Offense has to keep scoring Imo 

but yea it’s interesting when our way to often themes happen with other teams especially teams with top defenses

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Well you have to use your head and take everything into account the niners were supposed to be a top of the line defense and gave up 21 points in the 4th qtr to lose that game. The scored was tied at half and Sanfran scored 10 points in the 2nd half that built the 10 point lead going into the 4th. The defense gives up 2 td passes and a 38yard td run. So in this instance I would say most of the blame lies on the defense. 

Also by the defense giving up 21 points in the 4th you are asking the offense to put 22 points in the 2nd half which is a rarity for any offense. What kc did was already ridiculous.

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Offense has to keep scoring Imo 

but yea it’s interesting when our way to often themes happen with other teams especially teams with top defenses

Thats, exactly why it's not the same. Our defense we know is bad, we needed to rely on Offense thats where we spent the majority of our money and was supposed to be lead by a top 5 QB. SF still scored 10 points in the 2nd half, unlike us who have not even been able to produce a single td drive in the 2nd half, that would have been the difference in games.

Edited by raidr4life

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well you have to use your head and take everything into account the niners were supposed to be a top of the line defense and gave up 21 points in the 4th qtr to lose that game. The scored was tied at half and Sanfran scored 10 points in the 2nd half that built the 10 point lead going into the 4th. The defense gives up 2 td passes and a 38yard td run. So in this instance I would say most of the blame lies on the defense. 

Also by the defense giving up 21 points in the 4th you are asking the offense to put 22 points in the 2nd half which is a rarity for any offense. What kc did was already ridiculous.

Defense forced 2 Pat ints

but I think Jimmy threw 2 himself 

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Defense forced 2 Pat ints

but I think Jimmy threw 2 himself 

What does it have to do with the defense losing the game in the 4th qtr. They gave up a 7 play 65 yard td drive. A 10 play 83 yard td drive, and a 2 play 42 yard td drive. In one qtr. 

And I forgot KC did it all with 8 minutes left in the 4th.

Edited by raidr4life

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

What does it have to do with the defense losing the game in the 4th qtr. They gave up a 7 play 65 yard td drive. A 10 play 83 yard td drive, and a 2 play 42 yard td drive. In one qtr. 

And I forgot KC did it all with 8 minutes left in the 4th.

Sf Offense thought the game was over  kc kept playing. Sounds oh so familiar lol

how did kc keep getting chance after chance in the 4th?

Edited by NCOUGHMAN