Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Kyle Shanahan is the one to blame for the Super Bowl. He’s the biggest big game choker. #2 is the Chargers coach 

That sf offense had so much window dressing every play it was brilliant I just think Jimmy was too limited. That Brock guy would’ve won that game Imo. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Also Super Mahomes w/Hill was something else 

Meh that was a rough game for Pat but he never stopped swinging threw 2 picks took some serious hits tryna extend plays but just dogged it out. You gotta keep scoring vs kc. You know they gonna put up 30 every time. Also Andy Reid gotta be the best redzone offensive coach active. Sheesh the guy is just creative af in the redzone. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh that was a rough game for Pat but he never stopped swinging threw 2 picks took some serious hits tryna extend plays but just dogged it out. You gotta keep scoring vs kc. You know they gonna put up 30 every time. Also Andy Reid gotta be the best redzone offensive coach active. Sheesh the guy is just creative af in the redzone. 

Yea he took some vicious hits that game. Mahomes is a marvel. The way to beat Mahomes is to hit him like Tampa did. 

It’s definitely part of the reason we drafted heavily on the defensive line the last two seasons 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sf Offense thought the game was over  kc kept playing. Sounds oh so familiar lol

how did kc keep getting chance after chance in the 4th?

Well, by that logic then it would never be a defense fault, an offense should be able to keep scoring all the time, at the same time if our defense gave up 21 points in the last 8 minutes including 2 long scoring drives and a 38 yard td run this entire forum would say it wasn't Carr and the offense fault easily. I think giving up 21 quick score points in a qtr is a lot worst than an offense not scoring for a qtr. And again what KC did would be considered extraordinary because this doesn't normally happen.

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea he took some vicious hits that game. Mahomes is a marvel. The way to beat Mahomes is to hit him like Tampa did. 

It’s definitely part of the reason we drafted heavily on the defensive line the last two seasons 

I agree but we still have nothing up the middle.  He is just going to step or escape the pocket between his tackles and guards.  Mahomes is great but we make it to easy for him with the lack of DT talent.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree but we still have nothing up the middle.  He is just going to step or escape the pocket between his tackles and guards.  Mahomes is great but we make it to easy for him with the lack of DT talent.

I believe there’s a chance and hope one of the four DTs we drafted can emerge. How this staff cultivates the young talent on the roster is the make or break point. 

44 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Only dline guy that Pat can’t run away from is maxx and hopefully tyree but we haven’t really seen him run yet

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Well, by that logic then it would never be a defense fault, an offense should be able to keep scoring all the time, at the same time if our defense gave up 21 points in the last 8 minutes including 2 long scoring drives and a 38 yard td run this entire forum would say it wasn't Carr and the offense fault easily. I think giving up 21 quick score points in a qtr is a lot worst than an offense not scoring for a qtr. And again what KC did would be considered extraordinary because this doesn't normally happen.

Offense should’ve blown them out while kc was struggling early and the defense was holding kc. I believe in law of averages and you can’t keep giving teams chances even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

in the end Pat was more competitive than jimmy. Jimmy reminded me of carr so much that game. Just mostly checking down nonchalantly living for the next down, series etc while Pat was going for the throat. Pat wasn’t leaving without the chip jimmy looked like he was just happy to me there 

I want a cutthroat qb this time around last one we had was Gannon imo maybe Jason Campbell 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Offense should’ve blown them out while kc was struggling early and the defense was holding kc. I believe in law of averages and you can’t keep giving teams chances even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

in the end Pat was more competitive than jimmy. Jimmy reminded me of carr so much that game. Just mostly checking down nonchalantly living for the next down, series etc while Pat was going for the throat. Pat wasn’t leaving without the chip jimmy looked like he was just happy to me there 

I want a cutthroat qb this time around last one we had was Gannon imo maybe Jason Campbell 

Well at least you agree Carr was to blame for all our halftime lead loses last year giving teams chances the entire 2nd half. 😉 

"Jimmy scored higher on his Wonderlic than Carr. The Raiders franchise passing leader has better, more consistent arm strength. Additionally, Carr is an inch taller, 10 pounds lighter, and a superior athlete. The deciding factor is Jimmy G’s anticipatory ability to score, plus his production in the red zone. Meaning: He throws to where the receiver is going to be open, not at the receiver himself."

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

"Jimmy scored higher on his Wonderlic than Carr. The Raiders franchise passing leader has better, more consistent arm strength. Additionally, Carr is an inch taller, 10 pounds lighter, and a superior athlete. The deciding factor is Jimmy G’s anticipatory ability to score, plus his production in the red zone. Meaning: He throws to where the receiver is going to be open, not at the receiver himself."

If he stays healthy, he’s prime for a career year passing. Perhaps he’s this year Geno Smith

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

If he stays healthy, he’s prime for a career year passing. Perhaps he’s this year Geno Smith

To be fair, he doesn’t have to do that much to have a ‘career year’. Geno was a massive surprise so it’ll be so, so nice if we had one of those positive surprises for once as opposed to ‘#1 WR kills someone’ or ‘Head Coach is a racist homophobe’ or ‘Big trade WR has cryo frozen his feet and throws tantrum’ 

• Like 1