Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So basically we’re wasting adams time?

That's pretty obvious unfortunately. Clear this group went all in on Carr. Found out he's a mental midget and now are rebuilding while not calling it a rebuild, but we can all see what's happening. 

The idea is right. Build via the draft 

Reminds me a little of the 49ers when Shanahan came in. They had some key pieces, acquired Jimmy G, went 6-10. 4-12  then year 3 busted out to 13-3. This happened because they hit in the draft on Fred Warner, Kittle, Bosa, Samuel and some role players. 

That is the blueprint. But suck with Adams being on the back 9 now. Hindsight, should have re-built after the playoff season. Traded Carr and build via the draft, probably be in better shape right now. They wasted a year and a lot of resources on Carr.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That's pretty obvious unfortunately. Clear this group went all in on Carr. Found out he's a mental midget and now are rebuilding while not calling it a rebuild, but we can all see what's happening. 

Reminds me a little of the 49ers when Shanahan came in. They had some key pieces, acquired Jimmy G, went 6-10. 4-12  then year 3 busted out to 13-3. This happened because they hit in the draft on Fred Warner, Kittle, Bosa, Samuel and some role players. 

That is the blueprint. But suck with Adams being on the back 9 now. Hindsight, should have re-built after the playoff season. Traded Carr and build via the draft, probably be in better shape right now. They wasted a year and a lot of resources on Carr.

That’s what I don’t like about this regime I expected more i thought  the shis show days were over.

naw can’t blame this on carr. I’m not a carrdashian but this ain’t carrs fault 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s what I don’t like about this regime I expected more i thought  the shis show days were over.

naw can’t blame this on carr. I’m not a carrdashian but this ain’t carrs fault 

Both a culpable. The FO committed to him, paid him franchise money and he didn't elevate his game. In fact he was down right pathetic for stretches. 

What were your expectations exactly to call this a ish show?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Both a culpable. The FO committed to him, paid him franchise money and he didn't elevate his game. In fact he was down right pathetic for stretches. 

What were your expectations exactly to call this a ish show?

I thought

-we’d make smart moves similar to pats.

-we’d put more emphasis on defense 

-stop with the weird drafting 

-stop giving crazy contracts out

-be real with our prove it deals

just become a respectable franchise.

We have the best facilities just still too incompetent 

only common denominator now if the suckage continues is mark Davis 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I thought

-we’d make smart moves similar to pats.

-stop with the weird drafting 

-stop giving crazy contracts out

-be real with our prove it deals

just become a respectable franchise.

We have the best facilities just still too incompetent 

only common denominator now if the suckage continues is mark Davis 

Their second season hasn't even started. Premature on most of this. 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I've said this a thousand times now, he took the #2 rushing attack and #8 scoring defense to the SB.  The amount of credit he gets for taking that team to a SB is crazy.  It's not like he took the #20 rushing attack and #16 scoring defense to the SB (Patrick Mahomes in 2022).  

I hope we don't keep him.  I doubt we will ever have a team as good as the 2019 49ers at the rate we are going, so we're definitely going to need a QB that can do better than lose a SB with such a stacked roster.

Haha yeh, I don’t disagree with that, rereading that I phrased it incorrectly. What I meant was if you build a great team around him he’s good enough to help them get to the Super Bowl rather than ‘carry them’ for example!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I've said this a thousand times now, he took the #2 rushing attack and #8 scoring defense to the SB.  The amount of credit he gets for taking that team to a SB is crazy.  It's not like he took the #20 rushing attack and #16 scoring defense to the SB (Patrick Mahomes in 2022).  

I hope we don't keep him.  I doubt we will ever have a team as good as the 2019 49ers at the rate we are going, so we're definitely going to need a QB that can do better than lose a SB with such a stacked roster.

To his credit, Jimmy G joined the 49ers in 2017. They were 0-8 at the time. He started in week 13 and rattled off 5 straight wins to end the season.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Which bullet point(s) are premature?

-stop with the weird draftin

They've dedicated 8 draft picks to defense including the #7 overall pick. 

What's weird about it? And how can you judge when we don't know how the classes are going to perform for a couple years.

Outside the Chadler Jones contract, who is a HOF player who's age caught him last year, most the contracts were smart with good outs. Even Chandler is a 2 year deal. Carr's NTC backfired, but they got out unscathed financially. 

What do you expect with the prove it deals? Teams sign one year mercenaries all the time. It's strategy, sign them, then take the compensatory pick if they perform and build via the draft. Look at the 9ers and Ravens as examples. 

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

-stop with the weird draftin

They've dedicated 8 draft picks to defense including the #7 overall pick. 

What's weird about it? And how can you judge when we don't know how the classes are going to perform for a couple years.

Outside the Chadler Jones contract, who is a HOF player who's age caught him last year, most the contracts were smart with good outs. Even Chandler is a 2 year deal. Carr's NTC backfired, but they got out unscathed financially. 

What do you expect with the prove it deals? Teams sign one year mercenaries all the time. It's strategy, sign them, then take the compensatory pick if they perform and build via the draft. Look at the 9ers and Ravens as examples. 

-masterson is our starting lb

-we drafted a injured guy top 10

you kno what I’ll wait till end of the year and we’ll revisit this

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

-masterson is our starting lb

-we drafted a injured guy top 10

you kno what I’ll wait till end of the year and we’ll revisit this

Raiders play mostly nickel packages, Masterson won't see snaps in the base defense. Spillane and Deablo are the starting LBs.

Wilson was seen by many as the top pass rusher in the class. You're not drafting him for 2023, you're drafting for the next 4+ years.

Does the defense have a long way to go, yes. But the quick fixes never work. See Littleton who is still collecting a check.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don’t think we’re wasting his time. Some of Davante Family didn’t come to one of his games before until he joined us. That was a huge deal for him

Regarding team success , there’s path that this team in 2024 be a contender. We need some of our draft picks to develop and a few of mid tier bargain FAs to create a better defense. Another young pro bowler on defense at this time next season will be awesome.

Most importantly is QB. Jimmy has the potential to led another team deep into the playoffs. However if he’s not the answer, the 2024 QB class will push out a few established starters in the NFL that would normally not be available. 

The potential is there but we need to hit and develop on some draft picks the last 3 years. That includes Gruden last class (Hobbs, Moehrig, Deablo)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don’t think we’re wasting his time. Some of Davante Family didn’t come to one of his games before until he joined us. That was a huge deal for him

Regarding team success , there’s path that this team in 2024 be a contender. We need some of our draft picks to develop and a few of mid tier bargain FAs to create a better defense. Another young pro bowler on defense at this time next season will be awesome.

Most importantly is QB. Jimmy has the potential to led another team deep into the playoffs. However if he’s not the answer, the 2024 QB class will push out a few established starters in the NFL that would normally not be available. 

The potential is there but we need to hit and develop on some draft picks the last 3 years. That includes Gruden last class (Hobbs, Moehrig, Deablo)

Define contender.  My idea of contender is AFC Championship game (13-4).  I think there are paths to being competitive (8-10 wins).  But I doubt we have a team now that will do much of anything this season.  We are a couple of years away (at least) from being a contender.

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

To his credit, Jimmy G joined the 49ers in 2017. They were 0-8 at the time. He started in week 13 and rattled off 5 straight wins to end the season.

Well hopefully he can rattle off a couple of 5 win streaks this season.  I'll shut up about him as a mediocre QB if he gets our team to the playoffs this season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Define contender.  My idea of contender is AFC Championship game (13-4).  I think there are paths to being competitive (8-10 wins).  But I doubt we have a team now that will do much of anything this season.  We are a couple of years away (at least) from being a contender.

Contender meaning they can beat anyone in the league on any given day and if reached the playoffs can make a run to the SB

I think every team in the NFL is 1-4 years away from being a contender. This is contingent on some position groups turning into solid starters and young players developing into fringe stars. 

Raiders are on the brink due to Stars at important positions WR/DE/LT. If our young DBs turn into a solid group (Moehrig, Hobbs, Bennett) and the o-line gets solid starters out of mid/late picks (Parham/Munford) we are on the way.

• Like 1