Geno Smith to Start

Go_Giants

35 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

So last season was a fluke (with hindsight bias) but this season isn't? Lol ok.

Everyone knows it takes a full season to get their whole system in play, there was a lot of TC left around last year and not as much mcadoo. Dont get em wrong a lot has happen this year that is out of everyones control (injuries) but one thing remains true and this offense blows. Last year our success came from our defense being a wall, not the case this year paired with a crappy offense and boom. There is your 2 wins. But i agree with Acgott. No more bandaids. If this is truly the end of the Eli era, then it needs to be everyone. Top to bottom gone. Need a fresh start for everyones sake. Locker room is lost, front office is in shambles, players arent happy. T

50 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

So last season was a fluke (with hindsight bias) but this season isn't? Lol ok.

This season is more consistent with our past 5 years than last season. As I been saying, we tried to skip a rebuild process. When you do that everything collapses. We need a fresh start.

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

This season is more consistent with our past 5 years than last season. As I been saying, we tried to skip a rebuild process. When you do that everything collapses. We need a fresh start.

It really isn't consistent at all with the past 5 years. Lumping this season along with those of the past is just  silly,

24 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

Everyone knows it takes a full season to get their whole system in play, there was a lot of TC left around last year and not as much mcadoo. Dont get em wrong a lot has happen this year that is out of everyones control (injuries) but one thing remains true and this offense blows. Last year our success came from our defense being a wall, not the case this year paired with a crappy offense and boom. There is your 2 wins. But i agree with Acgott. No more bandaids. If this is truly the end of the Eli era, then it needs to be everyone. Top to bottom gone. Need a fresh start for everyones sake. Locker room is lost, front office is in shambles, players arent happy. T

So a rebuild equate to getting rid of your GM and HC?

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Can people stop posting that deceptive chart. Green Bay have the most and we have seen what they are without Rodgers. Dallas, i mean look at their defense. KC are low on this list and they've been one of the more consistent teams in the league. 

Kc has had great coaching. Reid is great. All their coordinators have either left for HC gigs or are on the verge off. You also need to look deeper to see who those names are. Chiefs have big name guys in there. Also look deeper at the giants pitiful 4 are. 1 of them was will beatty who was bought back out of desperation. Hankins is gone so add that to the list of 1 and done players we draft. And so you are now left with 2. JPP and Pugh. 

And regardless of rodgers look at who the players are that are included in that 13. Clay Matthews, Bryan Bulaga who has been one of the better tackles in football, morgan burnett, they just let TJ Lang walk but he was one of the best interior lineman there for like 8 years, cobb, mike daniels, and nick perry all speak for themselves, and hayward who is now in LA but was a top ranked CB last year. Im not disregarding Rodgers because you cant win without a QB but these are being name guys. 

Pats and steelers drafts speak for themselves. Bill is a wizard at stocking picks

Dallas has built the great wall of china with their drafts for offensive line. Something reese tried and failed. Tyron Smith, zach martin and travis frederick. Sean Lee even though always injured is still there. Crawford is solid. Dez and terrance williams.

Seahawks speak for themselves. I wont bother going through every team there but in conclusion. Our drafts havent had the long term success that they should

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

So a rebuild equate to getting rid of your GM and HC?

Yes absolutely. Ben was hired because of Eli. We all know that. The front office didnt want to teach a 36 year old QB his third system in 3 years. He had success under it when TC was here. It has flopped since. Dont you ever think we just jumped the gun on Ben because  it was what felt comfortable for Eli. Maybe this guy is a great OC. But so far he hasnt been a good HC. First time as head coach and he tried to hold two positions (OC and HC) As i mentioned before this hurts the whole team and puts a huge and unfair weight on him. He is arrogant to the media, throws players under the bus and has clearly lost the locker room.

Reese's best off-season two years ago was a full blown panic mode "sign every top player at every position" Which Im not complaining about. I love vernon, snacks, and jack rabbit. But it was a last ditch effort to save his job and it worked for that season. Remember Mara after the season prior to that spending spree "heads will roll" well now they will. Reese has drafted too many crappy players and signed too many crappy players aside from one off-season.

Another perspective. Idk about all of you but I'm not big on being big FA spenders. I like to build old school through the draft. That is the way to have long term success. Big FA splashes usually flop. Just ask teams like jacksonville and washington. You always see spending and no results. 

That being said, if we dont sign all those big names two off-seasons ago we dont go 11-5 last year and the failure of our drafts is magnified drastically. Signing all those guys really makes you overlook how bad we have been at drafting because we had one good year. Just some food for thought. Like i said I love every player we signed. However we are very lucky they have panned out so far because more often than not they dont

2 hours ago, Ohbeejay said:

To Reese's credit, he did draft Beckham and Collins, who are both on their way to becoming the best players at their position in Giants' history. 

You could probably make the claim for Beckham already.

Reese absolutely has made some great picks, as well as some terrible ones. Our team is still going to miss the playoffs for the fifth time in sixth seasons. That was coming off our Superbowl season. It’s completely disasterous where our team is. We need  fresh start and that includes firing Reese and McAdoo.

17 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Can people stop posting that deceptive chart. Green Bay have the most and we have seen what they are without Rodgers. Dallas, i mean look at their defense. KC are low on this list and they've been one of the more consistent teams in the league. 

If by "deceptive" you mean destroys your spurious defense of Reese's drafting with your highly subjective "players of note" angle... then sure. To the rest of us that chart speaks volumes.

9 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

If by "deceptive" you mean destroys your spurious defense of Reese's drafting with your highly subjective "players of note" angle... then sure. To the rest of us that chart speaks volumes.

No it's deceptive because Dallas and GB are among the best and we've seen what has amounted to...

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

No it's deceptive because Dallas and GB are among the best and we've seen what has amounted to...

A team with a stud Oline and two young rookies that are the future and a team that is year in and year out going deep into the playoffs... yea I'd like our drafting to "amount" to that as well.. let's be real very few teams in this league (1 to be exact) could lose an Elite QB like Rodgers and still muster a winning season.

43 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

A team with a stud Oline and two young rookies that are the future and a team that is year in and year out going deep into the playoffs... yea I'd like our drafting to "amount" to that as well.. let's be real very few teams in this league (1 to be exact) could lose an Elite QB like Rodgers and still muster a winning season.

And with a below average defense. Difference between us and Dallas is that they have built it the the right way by prioritising their o-line and it covers some of their holes 

First off you would think that with that chart GB would be much more competitive and they haven’t been. Secondly even looking at roster they largely below average without Rodgers. Good receivers, good o-line. But that defense has like 3 good players on it.

Archived