Geno Smith to Start

Go_Giants

18 hours ago, mattbags2313 said:

Kc has had great coaching. Reid is great. All their coordinators have either left for HC gigs or are on the verge off. You also need to look deeper to see who those names are. Chiefs have big name guys in there. Also look deeper at the giants pitiful 4 are. 1 of them was will beatty who was bought back out of desperation. Hankins is gone so add that to the list of 1 and done players we draft. And so you are now left with 2. JPP and Pugh. 

And regardless of rodgers look at who the players are that are included in that 13. Clay Matthews, Bryan Bulaga who has been one of the better tackles in football, morgan burnett, they just let TJ Lang walk but he was one of the best interior lineman there for like 8 years, cobb, mike daniels, and nick perry all speak for themselves, and hayward who is now in LA but was a top ranked CB last year. Im not disregarding Rodgers because you cant win without a QB but these are being name guys. 

Pats and steelers drafts speak for themselves. Bill is a wizard at stocking picks

Dallas has built the great wall of china with their drafts for offensive line. Something reese tried and failed. Tyron Smith, zach martin and travis frederick. Sean Lee even though always injured is still there. Crawford is solid. Dez and terrance williams.

Seahawks speak for themselves. I wont bother going through every team there but in conclusion. Our drafts havent had the long term success that they should

And you guys think we had a darn good coach in Coughlin. Unless I am mistaken, the Chiefs DC is Bob Sutton and hasn’t  gotten any HC buzz last time I  checked. Pederson left for Philly and our Coordinator became our HC...As for their draft yeah they got some big names: Kelce, Houston, Bailey, Berry and Fisher. 3 great players and 2 pretty good ones. We have as you mentioned Pugh, JPP and Beatty. Guys who are missing from their are David Wilson, Hakeem. Making it 5 still not good tbh, if you exclude Hankins. Bulaga is still a good one. Clay Matthews is a name at this point. He’s nothing more than solid right now and hasn’t been great in years. Mike Daniels is a stud and Cobb is a good player. TJ Lang is no longer there. Nick Perry is good but there is a reason why he only has a one year deal. Point is that they lead the list and honestly if you look at their roster outside the QB, they mostly average at best besides a few notable ones. Bill Belichick’s draft success is so overstated. He has accumulated a lot of picks and has missed on a lot.

18 hours ago, mattbags2313 said:

Yes absolutely. Ben was hired because of Eli. We all know that. The front office didnt want to teach a 36 year old QB his third system in 3 years. He had success under it when TC was here. It has flopped since. Dont you ever think we just jumped the gun on Ben because  it was what felt comfortable for Eli. Maybe this guy is a great OC. But so far he hasnt been a good HC. First time as head coach and he tried to hold two positions (OC and HC) As i mentioned before this hurts the whole team and puts a huge and unfair weight on him. He is arrogant to the media, throws players under the bus and has clearly lost the locker room.

Reese's best off-season two years ago was a full blown panic mode "sign every top player at every position" Which Im not complaining about. I love vernon, snacks, and jack rabbit. But it was a last ditch effort to save his job and it worked for that season. Remember Mara after the season prior to that spending spree "heads will roll" well now they will. Reese has drafted too many crappy players and signed too many crappy players aside from one off-season.

It’s only two years and as you mentioned he has never had this responsibility prior to this job, so as expected he needs time to grow. You don’t have all the answers straight away. You learn, just like any other job. He was getting praise last year from all sides. Yes the offense sucks but blame that on the deterioration of the o-line each year he has been HC with a statue QB. Give him time. Have some patience. I’m not buying that “lost locker room nonsense”. It’s what is said every time a team under performs.,

As for draft, I think most of it is random. We don’t know anything. It’s a lot of luck m

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

And with a below average defense. Difference between us and Dallas is that they have built it the the right way by prioritising their o-line and it covers some of their holes 

First off you would think that with that chart GB would be much more competitive and they haven’t been. Secondly even looking at roster they largely below average without Rodgers. Good receivers, good o-line. But that defense has like 3 good players on it.

Huh?

16: 10-6
15: 10-6
14: 12-4
13: 8-7-1

Whens the last time the Giants had a 4 year stretch like that?

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

I’m talking about this season not in recent years. They’re not really better than us outside the QB. 

Christ you make no sense half the time.. you're seriously not even worth replying too...

Is there an ignore feature on this forum?

41 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Christ you make no sense half the time.. you're seriously not even worth replying too...

Is there an ignore feature on this forum?

Yeah sure. I’ll give you the directions.

Click the menu at top right hand corner—>Click Account—> Click Ignored Users—>Enter Kip Smithers into the blank field and click on the user—> Tick all relevant boxes—> Add User.

Then that’s all done for you. Bye.

11 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Only positive I can say about Geno is... it's nice when the QB can use his legs to pick up a 1st down. Whoever the future QB is... mobility would be nice for once.

@Shockey1979 That is a good and valid point. Eli has been a good quarterback and a real soldier for the Giants all, these years; he's been maybe the only class act in this whole circus about a disaster season, and his clumsy benching; but in the modern NFL, with all the athletic edge rushers, and schemes to free them up, mobility is a very real need for a quarterback. They keep less-than-perfect plays going, and can gain positive yardage on their own. And you see it around the league. The days of the old-time statuesque, immobile as a statue, pocket-passing QB are going away. Happily, the top QB's in this draft, Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield- are all mobile to some degree. Should be a fun draft.

10 hours ago, bzane said:

@Shockey1979 That is a good and valid point. Eli has been a good quarterback and a real soldier for the Giants all, these years; he's been maybe the only class act in this whole circus about a disaster season, and his clumsy benching; but in the modern NFL, with all the athletic edge rushers, and schemes to free them up, mobility is a very real need for a quarterback. They keep less-than-perfect plays going, and can gain positive yardage on their own. And you see it around the league. The days of the old-time statuesque, immobile as a statue, pocket-passing QB are going away. Happily, the top QB's in this draft, Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield- are all mobile to some degree. Should be a fun draft.

Seriously in the 30 years I've been watching the Giants how many QB's have they had that were a threat to pick up a first down with their legs.. maybe 1.. Hostetler? Simms, Graham, Brown, Kanell, Collins, Warner, Eli.. none of them blessed with any sort of speed. I don't even want a burner or anything. Just a semi athletic guy who can run faster then a 300LB Dlineman...

53 minutes ago, celestial said:

Geno is more accurate and mobile than Eli. It's as simple as that. He should have gotten more starts. We're losing out anyway.

Yet his career statistics are all somehow worse than inaccurate, immobile Eli. 

It's one thing if Eli was hurting the team and we had a backup who actually deserved a shot over him. You can say what you want about sports being purely business (where players don't care how their respected peers are treated) and boast about how detached you are, but you have failed to give a legitimate reason to start Smith over Eli from a football perspective.  I'm sure Geno would have led us to the playoffs with his proven resume and leadership had he just been given a chance earlier!

On 12/5/2017 at 4:41 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Yet his career statistics are all somehow worse than inaccurate, immobile Eli. 

It's one thing if Eli was hurting the team and we had a backup who actually deserved a shot over him. You can say what you want about sports being purely business (where players don't care how their respected peers are treated) and boast about how detached you are, but you have failed to give a legitimate reason to start Smith over Eli from a football perspective.  I'm sure Geno would have led us to the playoffs with his proven resume and leadership had he just been given a chance earlier!

Geno played better with no running game and against a ferocious Raiders' pass rush than Eli did against a soft Cowboys' defense. Engram didn't reach close to setting any records with Eli against the Cowboys. This game cements the fact that Geno is better than Eli.

Archived