Falcons re-sign RT Kaleb McGarry (3 years, $34.5M)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Colts did that a few years ago when they had like $115M or something available and were relatively quiet. I think cap space vs what owners are realistically willing to spend in an offseason (usually for a team that’s re-building and may not have realistic SB aspirations) are very different, lol.

Right. We do have a couple dudes in line for extensions and money we need to allot towards draft picks I believe. But I do find myself wanting to address as many holes as we can where we can. Every spot I mentioned is a gaping hole 

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

$10m+ per year still feels like a lot of money for someone who is sometimes a liability pass blocking though.

I would normally agree if he wasn't considered one of the top 3 or so run blocking OT's in the league.  Last year he finished ranked 7th overall for OT in the league on PFF. Mostly because how elite his run blocking was and even though his pass blocking isn't super great it got better last year and finished about league avg on PFF.   He can still be got by speed rushers imo but he holds his own against power rushers usually. 

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

How did McGary sign for that much less than Lindstrom?? 

Sheesh, that’s a steal.

Because McGary isn't great on his own. Part of what has made him solid last year is the work he and Lindstrom put in in the offseason together.

13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How is the rest of their OL? I know Lindstom is elite.

LT - Matthews - top 10 LT

LG - Matt Hennessy / Jalen Mayfield / Kyle Hinton / Justin Shaffer - up for grabs

C - Drew Dalman - solid overall player last year once he figured out how to snap the ball consistently, very similar to Todd McClure.

RG - Chris Lindstrom - top 3 RG

RT - Kaleb McGary - top 10 RT

Basically, a good LG and the line is set. Or, see what Mayfield and Hennessy have at LG.