Falcons re-sign RT Kaleb McGarry (3 years, $34.5M)

RaidersAreOne

Great deal. I was fine letting him walk when he was rumored to get $15-20M, but $11M is good value. Fits what Smith is looking for out of a RT. Hopefully he can improve as a pass blocker, but at this price I'd take it if he simply continues being an elite run blocker. 

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How is the rest of their OL? I know Lindstom is elite.

Matthews is still real solid at LT, he's not going anywhere. Dalman struggled big time with his snaps, but was otherwise alright as a largely first year player (he played just a little bit as a rookie). Hennessy has shown flashes over the last two years and could be the answer at LG, but unclear. I could see the Falcons looking to bring in players to push at both LG and C but they also might have their starters on their roster already. Both guys are young. 

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Did Poles fall asleep after the first hour of FA?

I think bears fans just wrongly assumed we’d make a better effort of spending the money we have. But looks like we’re going to choose to address RT, CB, RB, backup TE, and the entire defensive line in the draft 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Seems like a pretty good deal compared to some… looking at you McGlinchey

I'll hear no besmirching of that wonderful McG contract. 49ers fans everywhere think very highly of that contract. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I think bears fans just wrongly assumed we’d make a better effort of spending the money we have. But looks like we’re going to choose to address RT, CB, RB, backup TE, and the entire defensive line in the draft 

And center

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll hear no besmirching of that wonderful McG contract. 49ers fans everywhere think very highly of that contract. 

Probably gonna get a compensatory 1st overall pick for that contract

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

The Colts did that a few years ago when they had like $115M or something available and were relatively quiet. I think cap space vs what owners are realistically willing to spend in an offseason (usually for a team that’s re-building and may not have realistic SB aspirations) are very different, lol.