Chiefs sign DE Charles Omenihu (2 years, 20M)

Forge

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Great trade by the 49ers. Got 1.5 really nice years from Omenihu for like a 5th round pick from the Texans and they'll get that back next year most likely. 

Is he good?

Idk anything about him, but I see 4 underwhelming PFF scores and 3 sacks per year on average and I immediately started checking his spouse for any relations to the Veach/Reid family.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Okay, no idea who this guy is. Someone tell me how to feel here.

I don't know if he can be really good in a full time role, but as an additional piece he is excellent. When Nick Bosa went down in the wild card game against Dallas a couple of years ago, he came in and took over. Destroyed Tyron Smith several times. He forced the fumble that changed the Seahawk wild card game this year. 

It's possible that he's just a super high efficiency rotational guy that can't carry that over to a full time role, but he could be just fine in a larger role as well. He has done well at times taking over for sure. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No legal difficulties (yet).  As far as I know there were never any charges filed. 

He was arrested for domestic violence last month. There's plenty of time to file charges if the prosecutor is so inclined. Sometimes in these situations the defendant can buy off the girlfriend into dropping the charges and not cooperating further. But sometimes the prosecutor proceeds anyway.