GDT Week 13 - TB @ GB. Battle of the Bays

skibrett15

Just now, skibrett15 said:

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_scr

Nah, I deserved it.  I preached patience at the position since it's not an incredibly important position.  People who were complaining we passed on Myles Jack and Stephone Anthony and Reggie Ragland and every other ILB are the ones who don't deserve Martinez.  There were others who agreed with me, but I forget who they were. 

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nah, I deserved it.  I preached patience at the position since it's not an incredibly important position.  People who were complaining we passed on Myles Jack and Stephone Anthony and Reggie Ragland and every other ILB are the ones who don't deserve Martinez.  There were others who agreed with me, but I forget who they were. 

I'll forever disagree that a player that lines up smack dab in the middle of the defense isn't important.

That thinking goes back to the Hawk apologists

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I largely agree with this but let's not act like players at the position are a dime a dozen either. The league doesn't have a ton of great inside linebackers as a whole right now and Martinez just happened to fall into our lap. 

Just now, cannondale said:

I'll forever disagree that a player that lines up smack dab in the middle of the defense isn't important.

That thinking goes back to the Hawk apologists

It's important if you're playing a running team.  This isn't exactly a running league anymore though.  It's why pass rushers and corners are more important than ILBs these days. 

I'm not saying they don't have any value because obviously they do, but when you start to look at which positions you should invest more in, I'd argue for safety, pass rusher, CB and interior defensive linemen before I'd go after inside linebackers. 

Archived