Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Apparently @mtmmike is the only person who doesn't understand terms and conditions of different player contracts in comparison. YIKES

It's 17th overall in APY and the second lowest APY for a QB in the league (just above Geno) for QB's that aren't on rookie deals. :)

The same as Brady you mean.

w

Mayfield will have 75 million in after tax cash 

in 3years.

Apperantly you do not understand 

dare show me how I came to that figure.

24 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The same as Brady you mean.

w

Mayfield will have 75 million in after tax cash 

in 3years.

Apperantly you do not understand 

dare show me how I came to that figure.

Now you have reading comprehension problems. Why are you bringing up a 40-year old Tom Brady? The original post said the Bucs will NOT pay him Daniel Jones money and they did not.

Daniel Jones contract:

Jones reached a four-year, $160 million extension with the Giants in March, making him a top-10 paid quarterback in the NFL when he signed the deal. The Giants signed Jones through 2026 with $82 million fully guaranteed and up to an additional $35 million available in incentives.

Baker Mayfield deal:

“Based on guarantees this is a 2/$60 deal with basically a team option for $40M on the third year.”

Reading is fundamental. The Bucs can decide if they want to keep him around on their terms.

Let me break it down further,

The Bucs do not have to keep Mayfield past 2 seasons. 

Edited by indifference

18 hours ago, indifference said:

Now you have reading comprehension problems. Why are you bringing up a 40-year old Tom Brady? The original post said the Bucs will NOT pay him Daniel Jones money and they did not.

Daniel Jones contract:

Jones reached a four-year, $160 million extension with the Giants in March, making him a top-10 paid quarterback in the NFL when he signed the deal. The Giants signed Jones through 2026 with $82 million fully guaranteed and up to an additional $35 million available in incentives.

Baker Mayfield deal:

“Based on guarantees this is a 2/$60 deal with basically a team option for $40M on the third year.”

Reading is fundamental. The Bucs can decide if they want to keep him around on their terms.

Yes

thank you have a good day 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, indifference said:

Daniel Jones contract:

Baker Mayfield deal:

Oh I forgot you still did not answer the question you are quite indifferent 

your name is excellent 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Your question makes no sense. Its hard to answer when you can't type in full sentences.

My 7th grader understands maybe you should repeat 6th thru 12.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

My 7th grader understands maybe you should repeat 6th thru 12.

I doubt it. You don't even type in proper sentence structure most of the time, so I already know your 12 year old is in hell trying understand what you say. Degenerates(you) should never be procreating in the first place.

Edited by indifference

On 1/9/2024 at 7:06 PM, NudeTayne said:

You're doing God's work with this gif. This is how I picture you when you post.

If mayfield hits his incentives he will be at 38

mill per year just a couple million below

josh Allen.

not bad.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Glad they're keeping this an open competition. Mayfield is not the long-term answer (at least if it was me, I'm not giving him a multi-year deal even if he has a good showing thgis season). He's a questionable locker room prescence from what I've read/heard and he has a personalitly that clashes with many. Not the  guy I want leading my team. 

Like @ravishingone has said, I hope this move doesn't preclude us from taking a QB in the draft. 

Nice 4 years your a genius

On 3/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Baker is not the long term answer unless he completely takes this opportunity and runs with it. One thing for sure is he will confirm whether or not Trask can be the guy. Trask loses this compeition - it's either baker or a newbie in 2024. 

Your genius.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

IF is based on conditions of player and team performance. Its not the same as Daniel Jones contract.

What part of 123 million do you not understand I know I need to type better.

On 3/15/2023 at 9:55 AM, ravishingone said:

Went for the highest ceiling in the bargain bin of QBs.  No issue with the move.

Best post of 23 pages this Samuel Adam’s is for you.

if you come to Jackson hole Wyoming look me up I will buy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

What part of 123 million do you not understand I know I need to type better.

What part of guaranteed money do you not understand? He did not see nearly as much as Daniel Jones in guaranteed money. Even if you can't wrap your head around that Daniel Jones got $160 million contract in non-guarantees. Baker even if he fulfills his incentives based contract its 40 million short of Danny Jones. So in short, he did not get Daniel Jones money.

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1