Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

You're doing God's work with this gif. This is how I picture you when you post.

Hi nude you have outdone yourself

how do you like my Swiss it is a combination

of German,French,and Italian 

did I spell right he seems to be having problems with my Swiss.

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Hi nude you have outdone yourself

👌😮

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

how do you like my Swiss it is a combination

of German,French,and Italian 

did I spell right he seems to be having problems with my Swiss.

You're a good combination, Mike.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:06 PM, NudeTayne said:

You're doing God's work with this gif. This is how I picture you when you post.

Hi nude to show you how stupid there arguments are

only 1qb drafted in the past 2 years had a. Higher qb rating then mayfields year.

these guys would rather not have a playoff team.

t because of there hatred of Mayfield is that deep.

The good thing is they did not understand a word I said. Predictio know qb on the board come next year where the bucs draft will get 4000 yards

and  they will saying they still need to get a qb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Hi nude to show you how stupid there arguments are

only 1qb drafted in the past 2 years had a. Higher qb rating then mayfields year.

these guys would rather not have a playoff team.

t because of there hatred of Mayfield is that deep.

The good thing is they did not understand a word I said. Predictio know qb on the board come next year where the bucs draft will get 4000 yards

and  they will saying they still need to get a qb

I think you'll probably end up right about that prediction. Hopefully they just keep Baker.

The baker bros are going to be insufferable after tonight. Glad baker went off against Philly and secured playoff win.

Bring him back. He still has a lot to prove that he is the long term answer. 1 good season / run doesn't define who a player is. we’ve seen many good first years sans Brady, freeman/winston and we saw how that nose dive. Enjoy ya victory lap @mtmmikejust know this race aint over. Canales will probably be a head coach soon if not by next year.

Baker was great last night. Showed no ill effects of the rib injury, as his deep balls were on point. Was mobile when he needed to be and was throwing accurate strikes all night long. He really only had 1-2 misreads the whole game and more importantly no turnovers. I came away very impressed.

He's always had immense talent, and no one will ever question that. It's the week in/out consistency that has always plagues him. The offense goes from looking absolutely terrible in week 18 trying to lock up the division against the worst unit in NFL, to putting up 30+ pretty easily in the playoff game. Just head scratching. 

Anyway, like other have said. Baker absolutely deserves the contract 2-year extension after the way he's played this season, but like you said @indifference he's still got something to prove for me to push that out further in length of term and truly consider him more than a bridge for the future. That'll go a long way if he can lead this team to a win against a much better opponent this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He's always had immense talent, and no one will ever question that. It's the week in/out consistency that has always plagues him. The offense goes from looking absolutely terrible in week 18 trying to lock up the division against the worst unit in NFL, to putting up 30+ pretty easily in the playoff game. Just head scratching.

Congrats on the win, and welcome to having Baker as your QB (in a nutshell). Hope he does find that formula for you guys, he's talented and passionate about the game - the kind of guy you want to root for. 2 year 'prove it' deal sounds about right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 12:48 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’re only in here because one of our wild animals got loose in your forum and you guys haven’t been able to tame him. 

Nice watch out just doing title work on Yukon xl

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 10:01 PM, indifference said:

The baker bros are going to be insufferable after tonight. Glad baker went off against Philly and secured playoff win.

Bring him back. He still has a lot to prove that he is the long term answer. 1 good season / run doesn't define who a player is. we’ve seen many good first years sans Brady, freeman/winston and we saw how that nose dive. Enjoy ya victory lap @mtmmikejust know this race aint over. Canales will probably be a head coach soon if not by next year.

Congrats on signing a pro bowl qb for 8.5

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 10:01 PM, indifference said:

Your right pro bowl Mayfield 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 4:38 PM, mtmmike said:

Congrats on mayfield prediction making the pro bowl.

Congrats to you, Mike: you were here from the start.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:02 PM, mtmmike said:

Your right pro bowl Mayfield 

Well deserved IMO

On 2/3/2024 at 4:31 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

It'll be interesting to see what rate we bring baker back at. Not sure it'll be more than a 3 year deal - 2 of it being guaranteed. However - this most likely means Evans and David are gone. Winfield is getting tagged. 

Baker? Its going to be around 100-110 MM over 3 years is my guess. 

Maybe I'm being homer biased, but I don't see Evans leaving the Bucs. I think they work out a new deal for him to retire a Buc. I think he's back and they don't want to break-up the Evans and Mayfield chemistry, especially with a new OC. 

Also don't think Mayfield is getting above the $35M AAV mark. I think the Geno smith contract was very much in-line with what we should expect. I think we're looking at $27-33M AAV. I'll say it's (3) year, $93M with somewhere between $50-65M guaranteed.