Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, that dush @LETSGOBROWNIES can't answer basic yes or no questions.

It is going to be interesting 

Dorsey’s lions1number over all seed in the nfc.

clearly mayfield has outplayed dushbag over the 2year period.

still be happy to play this team

with davis

Anderson

ojabo

resign delpit

jok

plus this year we have the deepest wr draft in a decade 

plus 60 million in salary cap.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2023 at 8:54 AM, indifference said:

Dont care. We play the games to win championships here not for reg season statistics, this is Tampa Bay. Baker has done nothing to show us that he is capable of being a championship level type qb. He could not work out with Odell which is insane because he got to the Rams and totally performed. Baker accuracy is an issue here. 

Baker will have us at 8-8, 7-10 football if he is our starter at best. I rather Tampa suck this fall and draft a rookie qb. Yeah Geno played inspiring football in SEA but even he will admit he isnt the long term answer there. 

Your a genius how about the 9th ranked qb

won 4games in a row.

never let a good opinion interfere with fact.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:49 PM, indifference said:

Absolutely weird seeing Browns fan come pouring into the Bucs forum doing a victory lap when this Bucs team have not beat a good team all season.

Guess when you arent use to winning seasons it should be worn with a badge of honor I suppose. We are very fortunate the NFC South is a pile of crap from top to bottom. 

Baker has played well above his current contract and should be brought back for a mutli year deal. I don’t think he is the long term answer bc he has not played well against good teams(surprise)

Bucs fans have seen this story before Jameis, Freeman etc…thats why nobody in Tampa thinks he’s our qb for the future…

Taking care of business is good 

how many Super Bowl season were won by Tom Brady when his entire division was below 500

this allowed him the luxury of playing at Foxborough through out the playoffs 

nothing wrong with winning the division then bringing in someone who has a losing record on the road .

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Taking care of business is good 

how many Super Bowl season were won by Tom Brady when his entire division was below 500

this allowed him the luxury of playing at Foxborough through out the playoffs 

nothing wrong with winning the division then bringing in someone who has a losing record on the road .

Patriots definitely dominated a weak AFC East. The main difference is the Patriots kept an elite defense with Brady.  Bucs dont have an elite defense that will carry over into the post season. In addition, we wont be bringing up a lose record team on the road. Cowboys or Eagles both with double digit wins on the road. Patriots were top 2 seeds bc of their division and ability to win outside their division games. Bucs arent going to get home field throughout like said Pats.

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Your a genius how about the 9th ranked qb

won 4games in a row.

never let a good opinion interfere with fact.

were at 8-7 on the year just ahead of schedule. I’m content with that but its only a matter of time til things will come to light. 

Playoff bound baby

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Patriots definitely dominated a weak AFC East. The main difference is the Patriots kept an elite defense with Brady.  Bucs dont have an elite defense that will carry over into the post season. In addition, we wont be bringing up a lose record team on the road. Cowboys or Eagles both with double digit wins on the road. Patriots were top 2 seeds bc of their division and ability to win outside their division games. Bucs arent going to get home field throughout like said Pats.

Take cowboy they have 3wins on the road

cleveland same way

know let them both go into someplace and win.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:08 PM, indifference said:

were at 8-7 on the year just ahead of schedule. I’m content with that but its only a matter of time til things will come to light. 

Playoff bound baby

I agree. If we win the division and head into the post season at 10-7, 5 wins will be NFC south victories (worst division in football). Other "key wins": 

- Tennessee 

- Green Bay 

- Jacksonville

- Minnesota

- Chicago

^ None of those teams or defenses stand out. 

Against teams like the Eagles, Lions, Colts, and Niners: Baker looked below average missing open reads. The defense was getting bullied up front and in the secondary. I'm going to overlook the Houston game defensively bc that seemed like a one-off during the year they played that bad - every team has those lapses. 

I'm not sure how they would fair against Dallas. They have to win today to actually clinch. Saints are tricky but they SHOULD get it done. 

While its nice to get into the post season - its very clear where we stand. 

1. Niners 

2. Eagles

3. Lions

4. Cowboys 

5. Bucs

We're far away from a contender. I will be the first to admit: this offense could be better  - with a better staff. 

I still am a bit concerned us getting 10 wins in a weak division keeps Todd Bowles around another year. Having to pay baker 36MM (the average going rate for his level of performance). This means no room for additional weapons or ability to retain both Evans and Godwin (Evans will either walk ; or Godwin gets dealt and Evans comes back). 

2024 cap improves slightly but its not til 2025 where the bucs will get significant relief. Winfield is getting re-signed : Most likely Franchise tagged. Jensen's cap is still on the books for 2024. 

We'll see some relief getting rid of Gage and Barrett through cap cuts. I think we can make room by dealing Carlton Davis for a mid round pick. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

It's You're** 

If you're going to come here with insults - make sure to at least sound smarter than a 4th grader. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

It's You're** 

If you're going to come here with insults - make sure to at least sound smarter than a 4th grader. 

Your

Your right you type better my 5th grader types better than and my 7th grader has already past college English.

do not really care about your dribble I am63

still due calculus and physics in my head.

now question does mayfield(qb I do not think you knew that)win1 playoff game this year yes or no

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

Your right you type better my 5th grader types better than and my 7th grader has already past college English.

do not really care about your dribble I am63

still due calculus and physics in my head.

now question does mayfield(qb I do not think you knew that)win1 playoff game this year yes or no

Are you asking me to make an educated guess? An educated guess based off what we've seen : no. 

That requires them beating Dallas or Philly first round (whoever loses the East). 

The Bucs overall shriveled up against the top teams of the NFC this year - playing 3 of the 4. 

Could it happen? Sure...Dallas doesn't seem to travel well...but again they lost those road games against Philly, Miami, and Buffalo. Dallas is a huge upgrade vs. anyone the Bucs faced the last 4 weeks and the final 2 to close out the season. 

On 12/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, indifference said:

Absolutely weird seeing Browns fan come pouring into the Bucs forum doing a victory lap when this Bucs team have not beat a good team all season.

Guess when you arent use to winning seasons it should be worn with a badge of honor I suppose. We are very fortunate the NFC South is a pile of crap from top to bottom. 

Baker has played well above his current contract and should be brought back for a mutli year deal. I don’t think he is the long term answer bc he has not played well against good teams(surprise)

Bucs fans have seen this story before Jameis, Freeman etc…thats why nobody in Tampa thinks he’s our qb for the future…

None of the Browns fans are taking a victory lap or anything of the kind btw.  Most of us supported Baker and wish him well in Tampa.

We’re just here to watch killer mike drop bodies with his hard hitting yes or no questions, that’s all.

• Like 1