Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Look. While I am liking what I see out of Baker right now - there is 15 more games of film to make a final assessment and determine where his future lies.  

Excellent post but half your board have you picking number 1 and drafting A qb. 

On 9/20/2023 at 12:32 PM, mtmmike said:

Excellent post but half your board have you picking number 1 and drafting A qb. 

idk if i ever saw picking #1 overall. I felt like baker at his worst for us would be 4-6 wins. The offensive line is brand new. Wirfs playing LT - means we have technically 4 new starters this year at new positions so as we play better defenses, the growing pains will be tough. Baker is pretty mobile and the offensive scheme has us getting rid of the ball quicker. 

I don't think our running game is where it needs to be. That is why i'm not opposed to a trade for a RB right now.

Overall , I don't think this bucs roster was ever bad enough to be the worst team in football. Evans, Wirfs, Otton, Godwin on offense. Defensively - Dean, Winfield, Davis, Vea, David, Barrett, and even White are too good of players at their position. 

The bucs floor ceiling was 6-11 in my opinon due to the schedule. If Baker continues to grow in this offense 10-11 wins is realistic. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

idk if i ever saw picking #1 overall. I felt like baker at his worst for us would be 4-6 wins. The offensive line is brand new. Wirfs playing LT - means we have technically 4 new starters this year at new positions so as we play better defenses, the growing pains will be tough. Baker is pretty mobile and the offensive scheme has us getting rid of the ball quicker. 

I don't think our running game is where it needs to be. That is why i'm not opposed to a trade for a RB right now.

Overall , I don't think this bucs roster was ever bad enough to be the worst team in football. Evans, Wirfs, Otton, Godwin on offense. Defensively - Dean, Winfield, Davis, Vea, David, Barrett, and even White are too good of players at their position. 

The bucs floor ceiling was 6-11 in my opinon due to the schedule. If Baker continues to grow in this offense 10-11 wins is realistic. 

Excellent post 

The Mayfield lead team that trotted out Higgins and a injured landry to 12 wins.

This is the best wr core he has ever thrown to.

Your defense is excellent something he never got to play with.

You have some holes Philadelphia will probably win tomorrow but the future is bright just remember he made Dallas defense look horrible plus Pittsburgh defense surrendered more points then

They ever surrendered to  New England. 

Thanks for the post have a happy season.

• Like 1

Leave it up to the Saints to make average QBs look like HoFers lol. Baker had a great game though. I've always liked him.

Thanks for the Bucs D showing all of us just how putrid this version of the Saints offense is. Unwatchable 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 11:21 PM, mtmmike said:

Hi guys how are you feeling

This was the best defense next to sf

In your conference and you won by 19 points

He stinks and cant beat good teams. 

Will play good against average to below average teams to fool you into thinking he was a good player.

That said Bucs have other issues. 

On 10/17/2023 at 2:48 PM, mtmmike said:

1st place.

Bucs are bottom 10 in scoring points at 18

Defense is top 10 in scoring at 17

first place thanks to a tremendous defense thats for sure and a qb who has done just enough and not lose us games. 

Cant wait til we play more top tier teams

23 minutes ago, indifference said:

Bucs are bottom 10 in scoring points at 18

Defense is top 10 in scoring at 17

first place thanks to a tremendous defense thats for sure and a qb who has done just enough and not lose us games. 

Cant wait til we play more top tier teams

First off all nobody predicted a 103 qb rating at this time for Mayfield so do not come across as a know it all.

He beat cousins a top 10 qb how come you did not show up that day to trash him.

He beat Carr how you did not show up that day.

He lost too Goff that makes him  2 wins 1 loss against top 15 qbs 

Right now Tampa bay will win more games this year then they did with Brady.

You are a offspring of hypocrisy 

Furthermore  you did not predict that Mayfield would win more games then Brady even with this defense.

Question how you did not say Mayfield would win 10 games because are defense is excellent. 

Also you forgot that Mayfield is top 15 qb.

Due I need to get out Stafford numbers when they won the super bowl?

53 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

First off all nobody predicted a 103 qb rating at this time for Mayfield so do not come across as a know it all.

He beat cousins a top 10 qb how come you did not show up that day to trash him.

He beat Carr how you did not show up that day.

He lost too Goff that makes him  2 wins 1 loss against top 15 qbs 

Right now Tampa bay will win more games this year then they did with Brady.

You are a offspring of hypocrisy 

Furthermore  you did not predict that Mayfield would win more games then Brady even with this defense.

Question how you did not say Mayfield would win 10 games because are defense is excellent. 

Also you forgot that Mayfield is top 15 qb.

Due I need to get out Stafford numbers when they won the super bowl?

HUH?

Derek Carr is trash. I dont think much of Kirk Cousins either. He’s a top 15 qb surrounded by a good OL and weaponry.

Secondly, thats not a guarantee that they will win more. Until that actually happens pump the brakes on that. Furthermore majority of Bucs fans know that Brady wasnt the problem last year. The OL and OC was downright bad - this year its the opposite..

I said the bucs would win between 5-7 games this year. I dont understand your question. No I dont think the bucs will win 10 games. Not with Mayfield at QB nor Trask.

Stafford carried his offense during the super bowl. He didnt have a bad game at all actually.

When has Mayfield shown that he can beat playoff teams without a run game? We’ve never seen it actually. 

Edited by indifference