Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

HUH?

Derek Carr is trash. I dont think much of Kirk Cousins either. He’s a top 15 qb surrounded by a good OL and weaponry.

Secondly, thats not a guarantee that they will win more. Until that actually happens pump the brakes on that. Furthermore majority of Bucs fans know that Brady wasnt the problem last year. The OL and OC was downright bad - this year its the opposite..

I said the bucs would win between 5-7 games this year. I dont understand your question. No I dont think the bucs will win 10 games. Not with Mayfield at QB nor Trask.

Stafford carried his offense during the super bowl. He didnt have a bad game at all actually.

When has Mayfield shown that he can beat playoff teams without a run game? We’ve never seen it actually. 

Pittsburgh. Dallas,Cincinnati. This entire season 

1st place.

Right now he is outperforming Stafford 

Is Stafford trash?

Playoffs outplayed a hof qb put up more points the Brady ever did.

Has a higher playoff rating then Eli Manning is Manning trash?

36 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Pittsburgh. Dallas,Cincinnati. This entire season 

1st place.

Right now he is outperforming Stafford 

Is Stafford trash?

Playoffs outplayed a hof qb put up more points the Brady ever did.

Has a higher playoff rating then Eli Manning is Manning trash?

Standings 6 weeks into the season do not mean much. Even more so Bucs have 3 wins - same as two other teams in the division. Feel free to use First place in week 18 if that happens.

Stafford hasn’t been the same since the super bowl season. I dont think he’s trash now but probably a notch above it. He’s 35 and declining it appears. 

i think Mayfield is mediocre as a qb and thats never going to change.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 7:22 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

imo getting close to Trask time 

Might not be all Baker's fault, Canales hasnt been calling great games lately, but if we are gona keep losing, might as well see what Trask has got under the hood

def not all on Baker that this team isnt scoring as much as we should. Baker isnt the long term answer but IMO there are other needs just as bad. 

with you on that might as well see whats up or if its a wasted 2nd rnd pick

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 12:57 PM, indifference said:

Standings 6 weeks into the season do not mean much. Even more so Bucs have 3 wins - same as two other teams in the division. Feel free to use First place in week 18 if that happens.

Stafford hasn’t been the same since the super bowl season. I dont think he’s trash now but probably a notch above it. He’s 35 and declining it appears. 

It is no where near Trask time in my opinion. From what I've read - its a huge drop off from Mayfield to Trask. 

Baker is performing mid-tier (average). Pending where we finish this year - it wouldnt shock me if he's brought back on another 1 year deal that doubles his current salary. He hasn't been entirely bad , but I do see the analysis of him just not seeing the open guy when its there. How often are these misses? Unsure as I don't study film for a living. But this is probably the main reason why he's in the average/mediocre tier for NFL starters. Not the long term answer - but we're most likely in QB purgatory after this year especially if we miss the playoffs. 

Bowles is not benching Baker unless it comes down from ownership saying they're willing to tank the year to get a QB in 2024 draft. Bowles needs to win the division this year or he's out. And clearly - none of them see Trask as that guy that can win games. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 12:52 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Bowles is not benching Baker unless it comes down from ownership saying they're willing to tank the year to get a QB in 2024 draft. Bowles needs to win the division this year or he's out. And clearly - none of them see Trask as that guy that can win games. 

👀

I'm not saying Baker completely deserves to lose the job, but if we lose a couple more games it wouldnt surprise me at all for them to let Trask finish the season

Wouldnt be surprised if Bowles got canned soon too

23 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

👀

I'm not saying Baker completely deserves to lose the job, but if we lose a couple more games it wouldnt surprise me at all for them to let Trask finish the season

Wouldnt be surprised if Bowles got canned soon too

I agree that Bowles should be canned soon...but it's never been like the Glazers to fire a coach in season for not winning games. 

There is a huge level of drop off and quite frankly, I do not see why Baker should lose the job to Trask either...He's probably coming back next year on a pay increase but mostly mid-level deal Bc we won't be in a solidified position to draft a QB unless we're picking #2 or 3. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:01 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

I agree that Bowles should be canned soon...but it's never been like the Glazers to fire a coach in season for not winning games. 

There is a huge level of drop off and quite frankly, I do not see why Baker should lose the job to Trask either...He's probably coming back next year on a pay increase but mostly mid-level deal Bc we won't be in a solidified position to draft a QB unless we're picking #2 or 3. 

idk

there are alot of QBs in this draft worthy of a late 1st as of right now (Penix, JJ McCarthy, Shedeur Sanders, Quinn Ewers then theres Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Tyler Van Dyke, and Riley Leonard who could blow up at workouts too)

thatll probably change come combine time , but i 100% see the Bucs FO looking for a QB round 1 this year, unless Baker starts really heating up or Trask comes in and lights it up too

On 11/9/2023 at 11:00 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

idk

there are alot of QBs in this draft worthy of a late 1st as of right now (Penix, JJ McCarthy, Shedeur Sanders, Quinn Ewers then theres Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Tyler Van Dyke, and Riley Leonard who could blow up at workouts too)

thatll probably change come combine time , but i 100% see the Bucs FO looking for a QB round 1 this year, unless Baker starts really heating up or Trask comes in and lights it up too

JJ McCarthy ? Lol NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! lol. 

Quinn Ewers is way too raw. He needs another year in college. I didn't like the route he took leaving high school early and seems to still be putting things together on and off the field. No way I'd touch him in the first and a team that does is really taking a risk. 

Now Penix - I'm 100000% on board in the first. The reason why I say bring Baker back - is in case you miss on getting a guy like Penix or Maye in round 1 and have to take a guy in the 2nd. Maybe Riley Leonard in round 2. Bo nix is not an NFL QB. Neither is Shedeur Sanders or Jayden Daniels if you're looking for a future starter. 

I'd take a flyer on Ewers in round 2/3 but I'm not playing him right away either at 20 years old. 

I really like Penix Jr. The intangibles are there. The vision and playmaking ability. Not the greatest athlete but has pocket mobility and can escape the rush of a broken pocket/play. Can take hits. Excellent accuracy and keeps his eyes down field. Wondering why he's not talked about more as a top 10 pick. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, indifference said:

Penix reminds me of Tua. Think he will be a great pro and has plenty of game reps. If we miss out on the top 2 qbs id be fine with him

Just bc they are left handed QB's - doesn't mean they're the same type of QB. Penix has a stronger arm and holds more weight. Tua is more accurate. He doesn't really remind me of Tua one bit unless you say they're both lefty. Penix moves better and can create better outside the pocket (when evaluating both as prospect). Tua was the better pocket passer and more accurate. Tua is limited from a size to arm strength aspect. I don't think Penix is. 

On 11/11/2023 at 8:53 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Just bc they are left handed QB's - doesn't mean they're the same type of QB. Penix has a stronger arm and holds more weight. Tua is more accurate. He doesn't really remind me of Tua one bit unless you say they're both lefty. Penix moves better and can create better outside the pocket (when evaluating both as prospect). Tua was the better pocket passer and more accurate. Tua is limited from a size to arm strength aspect. I don't think Penix is. 

No. They are both pocket qbs and do not have any mobility when they get blitzed. Sure Penix is probably a little better mobilty wise on the run but he isnt creating many plays on the move. nothing to do with being a lefty. Secondly, Penix and Tua arm strength are very similar. They dont possess a rocket cannon arm but throw darts with precision. Id put both in the very good - good category for arm strength.

Edited by indifference

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, indifference said:

Ok is Stafford horrible now?

Point 2

I draft the best offensive tackle in this draft instead of the 4th qb

Point 2 I draft trotter he is excellent on tfl plus he is a good linebacker at getting sacks

Round 3 you can get a safety that can shutdown either of Atlanta receivers.

This team projects to win 11 games next year then you could go defensive lineman then build a top 5 defensive line.

Thanks for debate in no way is Stafford the 17 ranked qb right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok is Stafford horrible now?

Point 2

I draft the best offensive tackle in this draft instead of the 4th qb

Point 2 I draft trotter he is excellent on tfl plus he is a good linebacker at getting sacks

Round 3 you can get a safety that can shutdown either of Atlanta receivers.

This team projects to win 11 games next year then you could go defensive lineman then build a top 5 defensive line.

Thanks for debate in no way is Stafford the 17 ranked qb right now.

I said I don't think Stafford is trash, I said he was a notch above it. Which is mediocre if you couldn't insinuate that on your own.

Even after two strong weeks Stafford is second worst in the NFL amongst starting QB in completion percentage. In addition, top 10 in INT's, and a middle of the pack QB rating. 

We don't need an offensive tackle because Wirfs and Goedeke have been playing well this year. The weakest links are guard and center.

A safety and LB are definitely needs though. QB could also be a need depending on if Bowles is coming back, could be a new coaching staff brought in who will want his own guy. Mayfield isn't the biggest problem but he's shown that he is not the long term answer. He is one of the worst QBs in the NFL in deep ball completion %

Edited by indifference

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

I said I don't think Stafford is trash, I said he was a notch above it. Which is mediocre if you couldn't insinuate that on your own.

Even after two strong weeks Stafford is second worst in the NFL amongst starting QB in completion percentage. In addition, top 10 in INT's, and a middle of the pack QB rating. 

We don't need an offensive tackle because Wirfs and Goedeke have been playing well this year. The weakest links are guard and center.

A safety and LB are definitely needs though. QB could also be a need depending on if Bowles is coming back, could be a new coaching staff brought in who will want his own guy. Mayfield isn't the biggest problem but he's shown that he is not the long term answer. He is one of the worst QBs in the NFL in deep ball completion %

He has them 1 game out of playoffs in the toughest division in

Football.

Still would be happy to play you

With starting tackle and trotter .

Ok so Mayfield beat a qb that has a higher rating then Eli Manning

In both the playoffs and regular season.

Also 90 percent chance Stafford goes into the hof that is hardly just above average.

Mayfields list of qbs beating

Roethlisberger 

Josh allen

Stafford

Dak Prescott

Cousins

Geno Smith

Burrows 

Leshaun

Lamar

Now what qb are you drafting that will beat All those active qbs