Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

@mtmmike baker has 75% win pct all time against the NFC South. 
Some fanbases just don’t want to win.

Tom Brady does it genius

Baker mayfield does it worst move in the history of the NFL. Thank U GIF by Originals90 percent of the Ravens platform felt obj was grossly over payed.

Baltimore must be getting desperate to try and get Lamar back at there price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Tom Brady does it genius

Baker mayfield does it worst move in the history of the NFL. Thank U GIF by Originals90 percent of the Ravens platform felt obj was grossly over payed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Tom Brady does it genius

Counterpoint: this could be the Ravens moving on. It's a lot of money to throw at a player and then still hold to a large contract. Lamar might not be in Baltimore's plans.

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Counterpoint: this could be the Ravens moving on. It's a lot of money to throw at a player and then still hold to a large contract. Lamar might not be in Baltimore's plans.

Ok your saying sign obj over Lamar yes or no

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

How about Robinson in the backfield with chubb?

To be honest I will trade him straight up for leshaun he is a member of 2000 yard club very early in his career 

11 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok your saying sign obj over Lamar yes or no

Easy, Mike. Easy.

If I'm the GM of the Ravens, first I bring back Greg Roman. Then I trade Lamar and start Huntley who is a pro bowler. Then I don't sign OBJ. I don't want him even at half of what he got--same goes for what Lamar is asking.

I don't know what Baltimore is doing, but their front office is generally very good so I'm betting they'll trade Lamar, that behind closed doors they've moved on and are just trying to make the best deal.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Easy, Mike. Easy.

If I'm the GM of the Ravens, first I bring back Greg Roman. Then I trade Lamar and start Huntley who is a pro bowler. Then I don't sign OBJ. I don't want him even at half of what he got--same goes for what Lamar is asking.

I don't know what Baltimore is doing, but their front office is generally very good so I'm betting they'll trade Lamar, that behind closed doors they've moved on and are just trying to make the best deal.

No worries excellent post.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Is this the Baker version of Jameis 1of1? 

For how many years folks 'loved" Jameis or defended him are quick to believe everything bad about baker. Baker actually won a playoff game and even Austin Hooper came to back him for these nonsense media stories that he wasn't liked in the locker room. Please google it. 

I'm not delusional thinking Baker is the savior. Purely a stop gap here, but the guy won games and what he did with 24 hours notice to win a TNF game is unreal and shows the type of dedicated player he is. Good move for 4 MM a year. Also OBJ had nothing but horrible things to say about Baker and McVay still brought him in so....yeah. 

This is purely a stop gap. No doubt about it. While the 2023 QB class is being evaluated - Baker has had success in this league with 7 different OC's/Coaches in 5 years. Not really great for stability but yeah...and gutted out a 2021 season when he shouldn't have played. We

we'll see how Canales does with the playbook for Baker. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer believes the Bucs coaching staff is "excited to see what they can do with Baker Mayfield and Kyle Trask." 

Breer said he's not buying rumors about Tampa trading up in the 2023 NFL Draft to acquire a quarterback of the future.

Really hope this sentiment doesn't deter us from drafting a QB somewhere in this draft, as putting all your eggs in the Mayfield (who is a journeyman and has his own baggage) and Trask (who is unproven and questions on his ability) basket is risky at best.

I get not wanting to trade up or even taking one ay 19, but they need to draft someone somewhere in the first (4) rounds IMO.