Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, mtmmike said:

He has them 1 game out of playoffs in the toughest division in

Football.

Still would be happy to play you

With starting tackle and trotter .

Ok so Mayfield beat a qb that has a higher rating then Eli Manning

In both the playoffs and regular season.

Also 90 percent chance Stafford goes into the hof that is hardly just above average.

Mayfields list of qbs beating

Roethlisberger 

Josh allen

Stafford

Dak Prescott

Cousins

Geno Smith

Burrows  

Leshaun

Lamar

Now what qb are you drafting that will beat All those active qbs

Stafford has been mediocre and they are 6-6 - just about how well their QB is playing. Not all his fault, their defense is middle of the pack as well. As of today they are not in the playoffs.  

Stafford in 2023 is not playing like a Hall of Famer. Look at his stats. Yeah he was once a very good QB a top 10 even but to say he is today is not accurate.

Nick Foles beat Tom Brady in 2020, listen dude that winning stat isn't persuading anyone. Your boy has been on 3 teams in three years, nobody wants to commit to him long-term because simply he isn't good enough.

On 12/4/2023 at 7:53 PM, indifference said:

I said I don't think Stafford is trash, I said he was a notch above it. Which is mediocre if you couldn't insinuate that on your own.

Even after two strong weeks Stafford is second worst in the NFL amongst starting QB in completion percentage. In addition, top 10 in INT's, and a middle of the pack QB rating. 

We don't need an offensive tackle because Wirfs and Goedeke have been playing well this year. The weakest links are guard and center.

A safety and LB are definitely needs though. QB could also be a need depending on if Bowles is coming back, could be a new coaching staff brought in who will want his own guy. Mayfield isn't the biggest problem but he's shown that he is not the long term answer. He is one of the worst QBs in the NFL in deep ball completion %

It depends on how much you want to pay Baker. He's clearly outperformed his contract and quite honestly - I don't think he's really the issue to the point to why we're 2 games under .500 in a weak division. 

Baker is what he is...an average starter that can win games under good coaching and a well built roster. My guess is he'd cost at a rate of what Geno Smith currently makes. Quite honestly I believe he is better but thats' probably what the rate would start at. 

Where I think you have to look at signing Baker to say a 2-3 year deal is draft position. If you somehow win the south - you're picking 18. If you win 7-8 games and lose the division - 10-13 overall. Neither are entirely positions to get yourself a franchise level QB unless you're reaching. 

On 12/5/2023 at 2:49 PM, indifference said:

Stafford has been mediocre and they are 6-6 - just about how well their QB is playing. Not all his fault, their defense is middle of the pack as well. As of today they are not in the playoffs.  

Stafford in 2023 is not playing like a Hall of Famer. Look at his stats. Yeah he was once a very good QB a top 10 even but to say he is today is not accurate.

Nick Foles beat Tom Brady in 2020, listen dude that winning stat isn't persuading anyone. Your boy has been on 3 teams in three years, nobody wants to commit to him long-term because simply he isn't good enough.

1st place how come you did not call that week 1.

mayfield   Playing better then Russell Wilson another hof  qb let me guess he is washed up 

cousins he is washed up to

now answer all my questions or shut up

clerk typist.

On 3/16/2023 at 9:50 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Why is Mayfield on his 4th team in last 3 years? There is a reason. He's been one of the least efficient QB's in all of football during that span. he played better with the Rams in this capacity, but it was extremely limited sample size and honestly a lot of it probably had to do with the scheme/coaching from McVay. 

The dude is a fringe starter/back-up QB and nothing more. He'll help you get 6-9 wins on a rebuilding to middling team. 

Why is your team leading division?

10 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Why is your team leading division?

Because the entire devision is garbage and one mediocre team is required to win it per NFL rules. 

It's certainly not because of Mayfield. He's been exactly what I said he was in my post. A fringe NFL starter that will help a middling team (with good weapons ) win 6-9 games.

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Because the entire devision is garbage and one mediocre team is required to win it per NFL rules. 

It's certainly not because of Mayfield. He's been exactly what I said he was in my post. A fringe NFL starter that will help a middling team (with good weapons ) win 6-9 games.

1 st place have a good day.

Thank you for proving me right.

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Show me where you called 1st place at anytime

I've never made mention of 1st place in any of this, that's been your hill to die on. I could care less that we're in 1st place, being that we're a sub .500 team currently. We don't deserve to be in 1st place and that just reflects on how bad this division is vs. anything that Baker has contributed.  

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I've never made mention of 1st place in any of this, that's been your hill to die on. I could care less that we're in 1st place, being that we're a sub .500 team currently. We don't deserve to be in 1st place and that just reflects on how bad this division is vs. anything that Baker has contributed.  

1st place

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Mayfield tied with burrows for qb rating mayfield 4wins no losses.

I know Burrows is trash so is Chris stoudt qb Houston .

i know cousins he is trash to.

That 89.7 rating is good for 16th in the NFL. That puts him right in-line with a league average QB line over the last (3) seasons. 

Hmm...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That 89.7 rating is good for 16th in the NFL. That puts him right in-line with a league average QB line over the last (3) seasons. 

Hmm...

So is burrows trash sense he is 0 wins against mayfield 

also he must be trash sense they have the same qb rating this year yes or no

16 hours ago, mtmmike said:

So is burrows trash sense he is 0 wins against mayfield 

also he must be trash sense they have the same qb rating this year yes or no

Jow Burrow was not good for a good portion of 2023. Most think it was injury related, but regardless, he was not good and that is why his QB rating for 2023 is in the same stratosphere as Mayfield. If Burrow was healthy and having a typical Burrow year, there would be no comparison.

Burrow has a career 98.6 QBR vs. Mayfield's 87.0