Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Jow Burrow was not good for a good portion of 2023. Most think it was injury related, but regardless, he was not good and that is why his QB rating for 2023 is in the same stratosphere as Mayfield. If Burrow was healthy and having a typical Burrow year, there would be no comparison.

Burrow has a career 98.6 QBR vs. Mayfield's 87.0

Mayfield Tampa bay 1st place 

Cincinnati last place I rest.

• Like 1

Baker Mayfield is not a franchise QB. End of story. 

He's solid if the team is generally good or great around him. I don't think the Bowles/Canales schematics are doing him or the entire offense any favors. Bowles wants to win ugly with good defense and conservative offense approach. 

Do not agree with this at all. Maybe a better coach would help Baker improve or he would look better than he has? I don't know. I don't see franchise QB. I see a serviceable average starter that is in that 15-20 tier of 32 QBs in the NFL. 

Sadly - you have to dish out 30-35 MM for one of those type of starters. 

If we win the division - he will be back. We will be too far down in the draft to get a guy like Daniels who's stock is top 10 it seems. Depends on how the Bucs and other teams view Penix. Some see him as a mid first. Others early second. I personally like him. Think hes very smart and on point with his throws. Some bad throws look to be on the receiver/miss communication with receivers not named Owunzee. 

On 12/16/2023 at 11:50 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Depends on how the Bucs and other teams view Penix. Some see him as a mid first. Others early second. I personally like him. Think hes very smart and on point with his throws. Some bad throws look to be on the receiver/miss communication with receivers not named Owunzee. 

I'll say this right now:

Penix is another Jameis (with a weaker arm)

point blank period

he has no zip on his throw, always throws lob passes that his WRs can run under to catch, he CANNOT make tight window throws

I also liked him a little from some highlights I watched up to now, but after I watched him play in the Oregon Vs Washington game, I completely changed my tune

he is slow, so offers nothing as a dual threat (which seems to be the trendy style NFL teams have been looking for as of late) and he has a weaker arm than you would like for a starting caliber NFL QB

he is  an above average college QB with a mediocre ceiling in the NFL (when I say mediocre I mean TOP 12 would be his absolute ceiling in the NFL, more likely in the 20-32 range)

On 12/14/2023 at 2:02 PM, kgarrett12486 said:

You do realize the Bengals are 7-6 and the Bucs are 6-7 right?

You do realize that there records will be tied today.

plus mayfield is 4wins no losses against a hof qb plus mayfield has a higher rating more yards and touchdowns and has a excellent touchdown to interception rate.

i do not care he is still a20 something qb till he beats mahomes,Hurd, and Allen by 50 points in the playoffs.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:38 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Jow Burrow was not good for a good portion of 2023. Most think it was injury related, but regardless, he was not good and that is why his QB rating for 2023 is in the same stratosphere as Mayfield. If Burrow was healthy and having a typical Burrow year, there would be no comparison.

Burrow has a career 98.6 QBR vs. Mayfield's 87.0

0 wins against mayfield qbr is more important unless of course mayfield has the better qbr.

keep talking i am enjoying this