Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Why is obj on 4th team?

Question 2 how many teams has geno played 4?

How many of you trade Mayfield and his contract straight up for Daniel Jones and his contract?

Prediction all the haters hide.

1. Because of his personality, contract and injury history

2. Multiple teams as a career journeyman until (1) season of showing anything of relevance

3. I wouldn't want to hand either one of them a long-term deal

What was the point here?

On 3/19/2023 at 11:50 AM, mtmmike said:

4 million 3rd wide receiver money.

Weren't you the one saying he's only gonna get '3rd WR' money; much less than Mayfield. I wouldn't be so sure of that:

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports free agent Odell Beckham is "thought to be seeking" $15 million for a one-year deal. Cimini does believe $10-$12 million may be attainable.

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Weren't you the one saying he's only gonna get '3rd WR' money; much less than Mayfield. I wouldn't be so sure of that:

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports free agent Odell Beckham is "thought to be seeking" $15 million for a one-year deal. Cimini does believe $10-$12 million may be attainable.

Dude till you Answer all my questions stop posting 

I can due without your insults.

Obj got like 700 yards when he was on the field playing for a vet minimum Happy Good Morning GIF by joeyahlbum

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

1. Because of his personality, contract and injury history

2. Multiple teams as a career journeyman until (1) season of showing anything yof relevance

3. I wouldn't want to hand either one of them a long-term deal

What was the point here?

Yes or no no in between 

37 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Obj got like 700 yards when he was on the field playing for a vet minimum 

And Mayfield had an under 60% completion percentage in what is considered his best year as a pro.

Again what's your point here? There is obviously iunterest out there in OBJ. 

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

And Mayfield had an under 60% completion percentage in what is considered his best year as a pro.

Again what's your point here? There is obviously iunterest out there in OBJ. 

lol both valid points. But frankly this has to stop. The interest in Odell is similar to Baker - both wanted at salaries that a minimal. Baker signed his deal at the rate he should sign at for a prove it deal. 

Odell thinks he's worth 15MM . He's not anymore given injury and inconsistent character concerns. That is why Baker is signed and Odell isn't. If Odell ever accepts what teams value him at right now - he'll land on a team. But no one is taking that risk of giving him over 10MM a year for multiple seasons. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

16 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

lol both valid points. But frankly this has to stop. The interest in Odell is similar to Baker - both wanted at salaries that a minimal. Baker signed his deal at the rate he should sign at for a prove it deal. 

Odell thinks he's worth 15MM . He's not anymore given injury and inconsistent character concerns. That is why Baker is signed and Odell isn't. If Odell ever accepts what teams value him at right now - he'll land on a team. But no one is taking that risk of giving him over 10MM a year for multiple seasons. 

I'm not disagreeing at all. Honestly, I think Baker is a back-up level QB and OBJ like you said, has kind of derailed his once prmosing career with his attitude and injuries. At this point, neither are worth more than a 1 year gamble. I actually think trying to compare them to each other makes no sense since they play completely different positions which have completely different relevance/importance in the NFL, but I'm not the person  who keeps bringing them up together (not you either), I'm just entertaining the game with said person because the thought process being conveyed makes little to no sense. 

At the end of the day I think OBJ gets a deal similar, or possibly a little more than Baker. A 1 year 8-10 million prove it deal. 

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the Patriots have shopped Mac Jones to several teams. 

A full list of potential suitors for Jones isn't yet know. Florio said the Patriots have talked with the Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers, and Commanders about Jones this offseason, and that a trade could still happen.

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the Patriots have shopped Mac Jones to several teams. 

A full list of potential suitors for Jones isn't yet know. Florio said the Patriots have talked with the Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers, and Commanders about Jones this offseason, and that a trade could still happen.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

yikes

I sure hope we arent throwing away any good picks for Mac freakin Jones

On 4/4/2023 at 1:39 PM, kgarrett12486 said:

I am more happy we signed Baker at 4 million with incentives for a year than to take on the no upside noodle arm Jones for a first round pick. It's bad news when you're shopping Jones already after 2 years even with one of them was with him having Matt Patricia as his OC lol 

15 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I am more happy we signed Baker at 4 million with incentives for a year than to take on the no upside noodle arm Jones for a first round pick. It's bad news when you're shopping Jones already after 2 years even with one of them was with him having Matt Patricia as his OC lol 

It's more of a BB ego issue if you read the piece. He pist off Bill by going outside the organization for advice and disagreeing with the offensive philosophy.

• Like 1