Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Dont care. We play the games to win championships here not for reg season statistics, this is Tampa Bay. Baker has done nothing to show us that he is capable of being a championship level type qb. He could not work out with Odell which is insane because he got to the Rams and totally performed. Baker accuracy is an issue here. 

Baker will have us at 8-8, 7-10 football if he is our starter at best. I rather Tampa suck this fall and draft a rookie qb. Yeah Geno played inspiring football in SEA but even he will admit he isnt the long term answer there. 

So that's no I rest my case

Mayfield verses Pittsburgh in the playoffs 50 points 116 rating.

Mayfield playoff qb rating 93.

Higher then eli Manning.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Why is Mayfield on his 4th team in last 3 years? There is a reason. He's been one of the least efficient QB's in all of football during that span. he played better with the Rams in this capacity, but it was extremely limited sample size and honestly a lot of it probably had to do with the scheme/coaching from McVay. 

The dude is a fringe starter/back-up QB and nothing more. He'll help you get 6-9 wins on a rebuilding to middling team. 

What is Mayfield record verses the nfc?

Answer fringe who cares if he beat cousind,dak,and Daniel Jones 

He is marginal and so are they.

46 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Why is Mayfield on his 4th team in last 3 years? There is a reason. He's been one of the least efficient QB's in all of football during that span. he played better with the Rams in this capacity, but it was extremely limited sample size and honestly a lot of it probably had to do with the scheme/coaching from McVay. 

The dude is a fringe starter/back-up QB and nothing more. He'll help you get 6-9 wins on a rebuilding to middling team. 

Why did geno Smith  ball out

Question 2 what qb could you get that is 3 wins no losses against Burrows plus put 50 on the Steelers in the playoffs?

Prediction silence is golden 

Next question what is Mayfield record against your division?

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Why did geno Smith  ball out

Question 2 what qb could you get that is 3 wins no losses against Burrows plus put 50 on the Steelers in the playoffs?

Prediction silence is golden 

Next question what is Mayfield record against your division?

Geno has balled out for exactly (1) year of his 10 year career. He's gotta do it for more than (1) season in a contract year for me to be a bleiver, so not the best example IMO...

Mayfield could do the exact same thing this year and I wouldn't give him another multi year deal. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Geno has balled out for exactly (1) year of his 10 year career. He's gotta do it for more than (1) season in a contract year for me to be a bleiver, so not the best example IMO...

Mayfield could do the exact same thing this year and I wouldn't give him another multi year deal. 

Still cannot answer questions 

What part of a qb that regularly beats Burrows can you go out and get?

17 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Still cannot answer questions 

What part of a qb that regularly beats Burrows can you go out and get?

Regularly beats Burrow? He won (2) games against him when Burrow was a rookie in 2020 and played on a team that was rebuilding. The browns were thought to in their prime at that time and had much more talent on both sides of the ball. Football is a team game. Baker and the Browns absolutely should have won both those games, it would've been a disappointment for Browns if they didn't as they were clearly the favorites. In 2021 he won (1) game against Burrow. That was a good win, but it's still just a regular season game, so let's not act like it was a playoff win over or anything. In 2022, Burrow and the Bengals smoked him. So yah, he has a 3-1 recoirds against Burrow and the Bengals with (2) of those 'signautre wins' coming when the Bengals were a bad team and Birrow was a rookie. All the wins were in the regular season, so yah color me not impressed...

If you wanna use record as push point, how about the fact that Baker has a 31-38 career record as a starter? 

• Like 1

I'm definitely going to be rooting for Baker now, no real choice

ideal scenario Baker has that Brees like turnaround and we have our Franchise guy for a long time

for that to happen, Canales would have to be the main reason why Geno had that career year last year, and idk im not super sold on that, but lets see what happens

we got the weapons to stimulate a QB turnaround thats for sure

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Regularly beats Burrow? He won (2) games against him when Burrow was a rookie in 2020 and played on a team that was rebuilding. The browns were thought to in their prime at that time and had much more talent on both sides of the ball. Football is a team game. Baker and the Browns absolutely should have won both those games, it would've been a disappointment for Browns if they didn't as they were clearly the favorites. In 2021 he won (1) game against Burrow. That was a good win, but it's still just a regular season game, so let's not act like it was a playoff win over or anything. In 2022, Burrow and the Bengals smoked him. So yah, he has a 3-1 recoirds against Burrow and the Bengals with (2) of those 'signautre wins' coming when the Bengals were a bad team and Birrow was a rookie. All the wins were in the regular season, so yah color me not impressed...

If you wanna use record as push point, how about the fact that Baker has a 31-38 career record as a starter? 

So no.

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

??? I fully answered your question. Not my fault you don't like the answer. 

It was a yes or no question not what you typed also you did not name your qb that matches though qualifications.

So I will ask again 

Has garropolo gone 3 wins 1 loss against Burrows yes or no

Has Carr gone 3 wins and 1 loss against Burrows 

Point 2 which one of those has put 50 points up against Pittsburgh in the playoffs 

You did not answer any questions this is called yes or no period.

Good Morning Love GIF by Travis Foster

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

It was a yes or no question not what you typed also you did not name your qb that matches though qualifications.

So I will ask again 

Has garropolo gone 3 wins 1 loss against Burrows yes or no

Has Carr gone 3 wins and 1 loss against Burrows 

Point 2 which one of those has put 50 points up against Pittsburgh in the playoffs 

You did not answer any questions this is called yes or no period.

Good Morning Love GIF by Travis Foster

LOL, so all you want is a yes/no answer, not someone to actually provide a reason for their answer? You're on the wrong forum guy. Go try the Baker Mayfiled fanboy club. 

• Like 1