Eagles sign LB Nick Morrow

EaglesPeteC

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'll trust what I saw watching him for 3 seasons over some box score scouting. His numbers are skewed because he was a part of historically bad defenses with us. 

I have no idea about the player. Some guys on here are already crushing his coverage skills. Just letting you know. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His coverage numbers for us are actually pretty damn impressive when you account for how terrible our defense was as a unit.

I mean I'm not looking for or expecting some pro bowl or all pro player. But for some eagles fans it's either you're Jeremiah Trotter or Eric Wilson. There's an in between which is a perfectly cromulent player. Especially for a defense with talent around him, and with the assumption for future added talent over the next few months.

Wait... T.J. Edwards, who got paid 10x more than Nick Morrow, grades out as a better player overall in his career. You don't say?! 

The Eagles need/ed capable LBs to fill out their LB corps. Morrow seems like a cheap option worthy of taking a chance on. I doubt they are handing him a starting job nor do I  think are they going to neglect the position for the rest of the offseason. Not every player on a roster needs to be a star. There are places on quality rosters for depth and rotational pieces. They might not be the most exciting signings but you need them to construct a quality team. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean I'm not looking for or expecting some pro bowl or all pro player. But for some eagles fans it's either you're Jeremiah Trotter or Eric Wilson. There's an in between which is a perfectly cromulent player. Especially for a defense with talent around him, and with the assumption for future added talent over the next few months.

He was starting to come into his own in 2020, IIRC he was like second on the team in tackles, sacks, TFL, and passes defended despite missing two or three games. His coverage numbers were better than Edwards numbers in 2020 / 2021 playing under much worse circumstances. He'll be good for you guys. 

• Like 1