GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

Took Darnell.  Titans already have a smaller, burner TE in Chig Okonkwo.  Taking Darnell gives us a crazy mismatch at the position, and having one of the better TE combos in the NFL will make up, to some degree, for how weak our WR is and will still be after this draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Took Darnell.  Titans already have a smaller, burner TE in Chig Okonkwo.  Taking Darnell gives us a crazy mismatch at the position, and having one of the better TE combos in the NFL will make up, to some degree, for how weak our WR is and will still be after this draft.

Was between Gibbs and Washington for this pick. I think Washington should've gone earlier than this for sure.

My Top 5 Questionable Picks of the 1st Round (I'll call them Questionable cause I don't think there were Bad picks): 

#5 - RT Dawand Jones - Bengals at 28 

- These massive tackles just never seem to work out.  

#4 - EDGE Nolan Smith - Eagles at 10 

- Felt like a need pick over BPA.  Better talent available there at 10 IMO. 

#3 - CB Emmanuel Forbes - Cowboys at 26

- According to this: 

https://hortonbarbell.com/average-height-and-weight-of-an-nfl-cornerback/ 

The lightest CB in the NFL is 175 lbs, and the average weight is 193 lbs.  Dude is 166 lbs.  

#2 - HB Bijan Robinson - Falcons at 8

- HB in the top 10?  For a rebuilding team?  They have a lot of holes and this felt like a luxury pick. 

#1 - EDGE Will Anderson - Texans at 2

- Franchise QB staring you in the face and you do this? This pick makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

#4 - EDGE Nolan Smith - Eagles at 10 

- Felt like a need pick over BPA.  Better talent available there at 10 IMO. 

Quite the opposite really. I think Nolan is a top end player in this class. Eagles don’t have a dire need at EDGE. 

Could have gone Witherspoon but wanted to try starting with EDGE first but I view them in the same tier of prospect. 

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Was between Gibbs and Washington for this pick. I think Washington should've gone earlier than this for sure.

Definitely.  I kind of expect him to go in the bottom of the first.  I can't remember a prospect quite like him.  And with his blocking ability, he's an absolute perfect fit for the Titans.

Of course, I would have preferred a WR, if there was one on the board nearly as good as Darnell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Quite the opposite really. I think Nolan is a top end player in this class. Eagles don’t have a dire need at EDGE. 

Could have gone Witherspoon but wanted to try starting with EDGE first but I view them in the same tier of prospect. 

Ya I don't agree about Nolan being a top end player.  

• Like 1