best play in history

Shady Slim

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

I didn't really like the call.  I liked the outcome, but that's the kind of cute stuff that gets us in trouble all the time.  If Sean Payton would tone down the cuteness, Saints would convert an extra third down a game feels like.

I didn't say it was the smartest call ever, but it worked.  As I was reminded, Cowher pulled the same thing against the Cowboys and got away with too.  The 2009 Saints were a team that relied on aggressiveness, especially on defense, so I think it went along with the character of that team.  (I was glad they won)

Gotta be Edelman's catch in SB LI. The reaction time and agility it takes to see that ball and dive at such an angle in literally a millisecond is insane. Plus, the concentration and grip strength needed to pull that off isn't something everyone has, even in the NFL. Docked for it bouncing off the defender's leg, but having to adjust for that just makes the concentration aspect even more insane. It wasn't even multiple inches from the turf. And with all that was on the line, that was a huge catch.

Archived