best play in history

Shady Slim

On 12/8/2017 at 1:35 PM, MWil23 said:

You mean, how many non pro plays are there entire documentaries based around from guys like Bill Simmons, a 30/30 creator and Boston native? LOL

Seriously though, Stanford/Cal is just as epic/known.

I forgot about Stanford-Cal. That might be the top one.

Or Miami's vs. Duke last year.

Or that terrible DIII team Trinity college that had 1000 laterals

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 12:39 AM, JLambert58 said:

Homer pick:

rMqBGx.gif

I was going to post that one too.  That one was just a killer.  I also agree with the OP who mentioned the Saints doing the onside kick to start the second half.  That call required some serious stones, and as much as I despise Sean Payton, I really respect that call.  Another play that just took my breath away was Devin Hester's opening kickoff return for the TD in the rain against the Colts.  Everyone knew it was coming but didn't really believe it would actually happen, then Hester goes and takes it to the house.  Unbelieveable!  That guy was the best I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HN_d09Ivd8

Finally, even though I wanted to see Randy Moss get a ring, that David Tyree catch against the Patriots also has to go down as one of the best ever.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

the Saints doing the onside kick to start the second half.  That call required some serious stones, and as much as I despise Sean Payton, I really respect that call.  Another play that just took my breath away was Devin Hester's opening kickoff return for the TD in the rain against the Colts.  Everyone knew it was coming but didn't really believe it would actually happen, then Hester goes and takes it to the house.  Unbelieveable!  That guy was the best I've ever seen.

Saints doing the onside kick and getting it was one of the ballsiest calls ever.  That was how freakin' good Peyton Manning & the Colts were back then.  They thought they need to pull something out of the hat to win.

Hester was ridiculous.  At the top of his game, he was unstoppable.  

It's difficult to say as everyone's criteria is a bit different. The onside kick was ballsy, the catch was lucky, the run was a great individual performance. You could interchange all of these.  

Being a Saints fan and watching the documentary with how they planned for it, I gotta give it to the Saints. Imagine being in the locker room in the Superbowl and hearing the codename "Ambush". 

1 hour ago, JLambert58 said:

Saints doing the onside kick and getting it was one of the ballsiest calls ever.  That was how freakin' good Peyton Manning & the Colts were back then.  They thought they need to pull something out of the hat to win.

Meh. Bill Cower did it first.

Of the ones I've seen, Beast Quake and the Helmet Catch. The former was an inspired run where the entire Seattle offense joined Lynch in blowing the Saints right off the field. The Helmet Catch was insane. Manning should've been sacked within seconds. Instead he somehow stayed upright and threw the ball on a prayer, and Tyree made a miracle catch.

10 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

For me it was an incredible, toe-tapping, outstretched, go-ahead, winning Super Bowl catch w/ :35 seconds left among a trio of defenders in the corner of the endzone to cap off a 2 minute 78 yard drive in the waning moments.

04877f805cf14e848a9677ff138331f3.wix_mp_

how did I forget this? 

10 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

I didn't really like the call.  I liked the outcome, but that's the kind of cute stuff that gets us in trouble all the time.  If Sean Payton would tone down the cuteness, Saints would convert an extra third down a game feels like.

On 2017-11-30 at 9:30 AM, OakRaiders3828 said:

Brandon Lloyd was making catches like Odell's before it was cool.

Polamalus diving one handed int was pretty nasty as well vs San Diego 

Troy had a similar Int vs Phili , what a play. 

Archived