Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

Have nothing against Fields personally but after seeing Bears fans continue bashing Lance just because he was drafted over their guy and spending all off-season hearing the "not drafting Fields will turn out to be a historic mistake for Shanahan", gotta say a small part of me finds the hype coming down to Earth and them already turning on the guy they were betting on to win MVP a few weeks ago a little funny. He's making a lot of the same mental mistakes that doomed Lance, too.

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Have nothing against Fields personally but after seeing Bears fans continue bashing Lance just because he was drafted over their guy and spending all off-season hearing the "not drafting Fields will turn out to be a historic mistake for Shanahan", gotta say a small part of me finds the hype coming down to Earth and them already turning on the guy they were betting on to win MVP a few weeks ago a little funny. He's making a lot of the same mental mistakes that doomed Lance, too.

Yeah, I don’t see it with Fields. He looked rough last wk, but this wk I don’t have the Bears game, but I imagine, it’s the same thing - RB playing QB. 

3 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Broncos fans are calling for George Paton to be fired, the Wilson trade was a bad trade, and giving him what they gave him on a long term deal was terrible.

I'm pretty sure if they flop this year, he's gone. I don't believe that he was this ownerships hire, and I have no doubt that Payton would love to bring in his own dude. 

The Wilson deal will weigh them down considerably through 2026... Unless they really burn it down and designate him a June 1 cut next year before the fifth day of the league year before his 37 million dollar salary for 2025 guarantees. 

That win basically save them a year when it comes to torpedoed salary cap, I Believe

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure if they flop this year, he's gone. I don't believe that he was this ownerships hire, and I have no doubt that Payton would love to bring in his own dude. 

The Wilson deal will weigh them down considerably through 2026... Unless they really burn it down and designate him a June 1 cut next year before the fifth day of the league year before his 37 million dollar salary for 2025 guarantees. 

That win basically save them a year when it comes to torpedoed salary cap, I Believe

Yep, I can see Paton fired, and Sean Payton bringing in his own GM.

Also another GM getting hate is Chris Ballard, cause he won't sign/pay for playmakers, glad we got John Lynch & Adam Peters as our GM & Assistant GM, really hope we don't lose Peters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Yep, I can see Paton fired, and Sean Payton bringing in his own GM.

Also another GM getting hate is Chris Ballard, cause he won't sign/pay for playmakers, glad we got John Lynch & Adam Peters as our GM & Assistant GM, really hope we don't lose Peters.

He won't get fired (at least for that reason) because Irsay makes the financial decisions, no matter what he claims.. Ballard can just take the hits for him

• Like 2