Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

26 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Possibilities we call Denver for anyone? That implosion today had to do damage, right! 

I would love Surtain, but it’s not a reality 

That roster is rough.  McGlinchy and DJ Jones are still there collecting dust.  Randy Gregory seems like it could be a fit as a rotational player though.  Not sure how much he has left in the Tank though.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh boy, that INT was brutal by Dak. 

Cardinals may end up winning this after all. Need to get one first down here or make Dallas take all three of their timeouts. 

Do they make the change to Cooper Rush next week.  I would make the swap if I were the Cowboys.  I also lip read Mike McCarthy saying something about Dak's job after the INT.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Do they make the change to Cooper Rush next week.  I would make the swap if I were the Cowboys.  I also lip read Mike McCarthy saying something about Dak's job after the INT.

It was just one rough game. Rush isn't the answer, and the cap tied into Dak even into next year would make me think that they aren't going to do anything drastic right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Possibilities we call Denver for anyone? That implosion today had to do damage, right! 

I would love Surtain, but it’s not a reality 

The guy I'd want is Meinerz. 100%. I'd assume that they are going to extend him, but they haven't yet. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

No way do they make a move to Rush, especially this soon. Dak is the guy this season but there is a reason they traded for Trey. And it wasn't because they think Trey is the future but there's an out on Dak's contract next year and Trey gives them another potential option. 

Dak will be fine but if they have a early playoff exit, things get a bit interesting. 

Maybe it's me but even with a healthy O-Line I just believe Dallas's offense is limited with Dak@QB. 

Their defense is another story when healthy.

But that offense doesn't consistently move the ball nor put up points akin to what their collective talent would suggest.

McCarthy may be the root of the problem. But Dak just doesn't make enough smart decisions in critical moments that you're worry about them blitzing your defense if they're having an off day.

I'd go as far as to say Brock looks to be the better QB right now and he hasn't even played a full seaosn yet. His understanding of where the ball needs to go and when just seems a notch above Dak.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Maybe it's me but even with a healthy O-Line I just believe Dallas's offense is limited with Dak@QB. 

Their defense is another story when healthy.

But that offense doesn't consistently move the ball nor put up points akin to what their collective talent would suggest.

McCarthy may be the root of the problem. But Dak just doesn't make enough smart decisions in critical moments that you're worry about them blitzing your defense if they're having an off day.

I'd go as far as to say Brock looks to be the better QB right now and he hasn't even played a full seaosn yet. His understanding of where the ball needs to go and when just seems a notch above Dak.

I mean, we watched a playoff game between the two teams and I was utterly impressed with Dallas's prep for our offense and Brock bailed us out of a couple of plays that were dead on arrival. Thought that the Cowboys offensive game plan was fine, but on a couple of key plays, Dak passed up open out routes that tend to win against up. The pick that Warner and Greenlaw combined on before halftime was a stick concept where the out route was wide open, Dak forced a stick, and it got picked. The pick earlier in the half, he just saw that we were playing off presnap and missed that Demo has jumped on things post snap. And that jump happened before Dak let go of the ball. 

TL:DR - Dak is functional and efficient and even explosive when the game plan works, but things start to be at all uncomfortable or muddy, I don't think that he is to be trusted. He also shot them right out of the playoff game against broken Jimmy G two years ago.

• Like 1