Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I think sacks are overrated for interior guys. Edge players can still be productive and efficient as far as win rate and pressures w/o the gaudy sack totals. But you generally need those guys to close the deal on their one-on-ones. Unless they're funnelling sacks to the opposite end & your interior guys, just by the help and attention the offense is prioritizing to neutralize them.

I think Sacks are more valuable as a team stat.  As an individual stat it doesn't always correlate with being a good rusher.  Justin Smith used to dominate with 4 to 7 sacks per year, but as you mentioned before he was more of an inside player.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Remarkable that Minnesota lost it's two best players on offense, and might be ok. Dobbs played very well again. 

Those two offensive tackles (and Addison) are real cornerstone pieces. I loved Brian O'Neill coming out. I've made some really bad calls, but I'll take credit for that one and hope folks forget the other ones lol.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Remarkable that Minnesota lost it's two best players on offense, and might be ok. Dobbs played very well again. 

Sometimes there are things in the NFL that don't make any damn sense.  Josh Dobbs, doesn't make any sense, and it makes no sense why nobody wants him.  He picks up playbooks like they're loose change. 

Bills fans are acting like the season is over and they need to clean house after that loss... they are 5-5 and only 1.5 games behind Miami in the division. Things are ugly right now but they should still be a playoff team and a tough out 

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Bills fans are acting like the season is over and they need to clean house after that loss... they are 5-5 and only 1.5 games behind Miami in the division. Things are ugly right now but they should still be a playoff team and a tough out 

Things are VERY ugly right now. I really like Josh Allen, but he seems like he has no idea how to protect the ball. He's having too many multiple turn over games this season. 

Last night seemed like neither one wanted to win. I got so disgusted I turned it off. You couldn't even call that a defensive game. It was unbearable to watch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adamq said:

They look like they're going to end up 10-7 with a chance at 11-6. If that's the case, the playoffs are not guaranteed for them. The Browns will be flirting with 10 wins, the Texans are trying to stay in the picture and could end up with the 7th seed, and the mirage Steelers are still hanging around for now. 

I think the Bills get in the playoffs, but I don't think they win the division this year. They've dug themselves a big hole.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StevenK said:

To think he was getting Head coaching consideration. Granted I don’t think it’s his problem, but there’s always a fall guy. 

Cook’s fumbles, Allen’s turnovers…nope Dorsey lol 

Maybe they can get Tim Rattay to help coach the QB's.  That will totally make a huge difference! 

Geno Toretta 4 Eva! I will always remember my first scouting miss.  10 year old me thought Toretta was going to be really good.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1