Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

Eagles look weak but they keep winning against tough competition 

We'll have 3 days extra rest, Eagles played OT, & its a 4:25 EST game so don't have to adjust our body clocks. We have the extra advantages there so we SHOULD win, but it'l be a close game either way. 

#1 seed is likely out of the question as Eagles play the Giants (X2) Seahawks & Cardinals. They likely end up 15-2 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Best team in the league for a reason

People can say what they want but THAT offense is the hardest to defend in the league for four quarters. Bills had them on the ropes for 2.5 quarters. But they just stress your defense in so many different ways that one bad call or missed assignment and it's a huge play and they're right back in the game. They're what I call a high anxiety team.

I just feel like all this 4rh quarter magic is going to run out on them when they need it the most in the post-season. These late game heroic run of victories isn't sustainable imo. 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

We'll have 3 days extra rest, Eagles played OT, & its a 4:25 EST game so don't have to adjust our body clocks. We have the extra advantages there so we SHOULD win, but it'l be a close game either way. 

#1 seed is likely out of the question as Eagles play the Giants (X2) Seahawks & Cardinals. They likely end up 15-2 

I said the same. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

People can say what they want but THAT offense is the hardest to defend in the league for four quarters. Bills had them on the ropes for 2.5 quarters. But they just stress your defense in so many different ways that one bad call or missed assignment and it's a huge play and they're right back in the game. They're what I call a high anxiety team.

I just feel like all this 4rh quarter magic is going to run out on them when they need it the most in the post-season. These late game heroic run of victories isn't sustainable imo. 

That's what I said in Gen. If I'm an eagles fan, I'm very happy, of course, but I'm not blowing by the concern. These teams are going to be too good to keep playing that way against moving into the post season. 

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

SHOULD win???

There's no should win about this game in any shape, form or fashion.

This is the best team in the league, playing AT HOME.

They'll be favored, and rightfully so.

This is our biggest test of the year.

Philly have been winning these big match-ups all year.

This and the Ravens game are they only games I could see us losing handily if we don't step up to the challenge and play a complete four quarters of high-level football.

Edited by 757-NINER

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I can't believe Elliot made that kick, and the Eagles won that game.

Funny-1149.gif

I said at the time, and I get that in the moment, you're just trying ot make a play, but that Bills defender should have let Zaccheaus catch the ball and tackled him for a loss instead of making the PD.

If the punt unit has to scramble and run out onto the field to set up for a 60+ FG, that kick becomes sooooo much more harder.