Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

8 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

If all three of these happen and they do take care of business on Christmas night, which secures the 1 seed then and there, I kinda want a rest week for all our key players against the Commanders and then maybe a drive/quarter/half against the Rams in Week 18, very much don't want to have to have them spend any more time on that death trap of a field than they have to

Even if we were fortunate enough for that to happen, I doubt Kyle would rest the guys that much, except for maybe the ones who are questionable. I think he wants to have an MVP player on his team regardless of who it is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

He's just a dude. Don't think you have to worry about that

He's still young but I see his play from the pocket evolving.

His arm talent is evident. Processing is still behind at times, but you can see subtle improvements of him identifying, pre-snap.

I though he played well against us, all things considered.

If they ever figure out that O-Line, it could do wonders for his development.

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Even if we were fortunate enough for that to happen, I doubt Kyle would rest the guys that much, except for maybe the ones who are questionable. I think he wants to have an MVP player on his team regardless of who it is.

Agreed. We can’t just coast into the playoffs even though we are in a good position. We need to stay hungry so we don’t just get bounced from the playoffs because we got complacent.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

He's still young but I see his play from the pocket evolving.

His arm talent is evident. Processing is still behind at times, but you can see subtle improvements of him identifying, pre-snap.

I though he played well against us, all things considered.

If they ever figure out that O-Line, it could do wonders for his development.

He's 28 next year. If Seattle is resetting the QB position away from Geno, I'd think they'd go younger or better, otherwise I don't know the point

Random thought:

Being a Defensive Head Coach must suck. If your offense is good, your OC is gone within 2 years for a HC gig and you're in almost a perpetual state of turnover, putting even more pressure on your QB to carry the load. And if your offense is bad.... you just get fired. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

4 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Random thought:

Being a Defensive Head Coach must suck. If your offense is good, your OC is gone within 2 years for a HC gig and you're in almost a perpetual state of turnover, putting even more pressure on your QB to carry the load. And if your offense is bad.... you just get fired. 

That was the Mike Nolan experience from 2005-2008 lol 

14 minutes ago, GW21 said:

So Lincoln Riley is going to be the next Bears HC right? Looks like USC is losing a bunch of top recruits and the Bears have the number 1 pick currently.

That's a lot of money to pay as a buy out to USC, I'm pretty sure

56 minutes ago, GW21 said:

So Lincoln Riley is going to be the next Bears HC right? Looks like USC is losing a bunch of top recruits and the Bears have the number 1 pick currently.

I might keep] the coach they have.  They are p]laying good ball and getting better every week.  I would take try to trade back to 2 or 3 and take Marvin Harrison JR.  I might just take Harrison Jr at 1.  The bears are not running a very QB centric system or team.  I;'m not sold on the top] 2 guys yet.  I haven;'t even considered op]tional college QB tap]e, so my thoughts are subject to change.