Bowser's 1st Round Mock Draft With Trades

BowserBroncos

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Falcons go best player available. Terry Fontenot has said he has no issues adding to a strength. That's what that would be with Jalen. 

Falcons go best player available. Jalen Carter is the best on field player in the draft. 

You are just forgoting that Jalen might not be the BPA on their board because of the off field problems

19 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

You are just forgoting that Jalen might not be the BPA on their board because of the off field problems

Not forgetting it at all. Do they see Jalen as an off-field issue or someone who needs mentorship and focus? It's very possible it's the latter. Carter's off field problems are the drag racing thing and the "lack of motivation". Maybe getting him around Calais Campbell and Grady Jarrett fixes the lack of motivation. And then just don't let him drive.

• Like 1

Texans taking Will Anderson at #2 is intriguing.  Normally, I'd describe failure to take Stroud as unthinkable but Hendon Hooker is a fun [health] gamble.

Anderson + Hooker > Stroud + Quentin Johnston ?

Too rich for my blood but not unreasonable at all.

As much as I admire Will Levis it is far from clear he'd be an improvement over Garoppolo.  Too much work to do elsewhere.  The fit isn't bad, though.

The Raiders, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Seahawks should all be taking CBs early.  

Lions should stick to defense at #18, even if TE Dalton Kincaid hadn't had back problems.

Nice mock.

• Like 1

I wouldn't hate JSN at 15 but the capital it would take to trade up to get him would be a deal breaker. If we are going up that high it would be for one of the edges falling (Tyree Wilson). 

I hope Kincaid goes to the AFC and not a division rival. He's going to be a stud

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

I don't hate the Bijan pick but i HIGHLY DOUBT he would be the pick over Carter, Gonzo, Spoon, Skoronski, and maybe Smith.     Im not doubting Bijan is a very talented player but i am also in the view of every position having a certain value as well.  So if 2 guys are considered BPA and similar talent then the more valued and important position would be the BPA there.   RB would be very low on the position value board even more so when you got a guy in Tyler All Gears that showed he is a legit #1 option that was beasting last year.

Would i hate the pick of Robinson no he is a good player would i think it's a dumb pick over those 1st 3 defensive players i listed you better believe it.  I don't think many people at all would value taking a RB that high over almost any other position with players just as talented there.  Now if all the other top 10 guys were gone and Bijan was there after the top 10 dudes and he is 1000% BPA and it's not close then yeah i can see it then if you don't have a RB at all. 

Also Bud and Campbell are 1 year deals im not takign carter just because they are going to be here 1 year lol.  If anything im taking him because they are here for a year only and can help him become a better player while they are here :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Also Bud and Campbell are 1 year deals im not takign carter just because they are going to be here 1 year lol.

Normally I would agree on that. But Smith is pressure to win now, if he don't win this wild open division, he will probably be out of his job.

That's why I think they would look for guys that will help sooner rather than later.

14 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Normally I would agree on that. But Smith is pressure to win now, if he don't win this wild open division, he will probably be out of his job.

That's why I think they would look for guys that will help sooner rather than later.

I actually don't believe he is on that much of a hot seat considering he has actually over achieved so far if anything he should be looking great right now.   Now i will agree that if he bombs this year and has another losing record starting after next season he would be on a hot seat and if he has another losing year after this coming season he has a chance to be fired.   But next year is the 1st year he can actually build a legit team he's not on a hot seat yet.  MR Blank knew he was put in a crap position taking over the team with the cap hell we were in. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Of course a Bronco fan would have us selecting Levis at 7 lol. No chance. Levis may fall out of the 1st entirely. 

You're going to be surprised how high he will go.

I actually don't want him in Vegas. Don't want the Raiders to have a good QB at all.

Just now, BayRaider said:

He’s not going to be a good QB. 

He may not. But I actually think he is going to be better than Stroud. Probably better than Richardson too, tho Richardson has traits that give him a higher ceiling.

That said, somebody is going to take Stroud and Richardson over him.

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Yeah, he's not on a hot seat at all. That's a common misconception with national fans and national writers when local guys think he's got expectations, but nothing that he can't hit.