2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

On 7/28/2023 at 5:34 PM, 4209 said:

Interesting a five man front. This is same deefense setup that occur on the  Jacoby Brissett inteception.  

Need to check the roster and find out who is #48  dropping back in coverage

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Interesting a five man front. This is same deefense setup that occur on the  Jacoby Brissett inteception.  

Need to check the roster and find out who is #48  dropping back in coverage

That’s Andre Jones, our 7th round draft pick DE from Louisiana University.

Yes just checked the roster. Thanks. Had to check who that was b/c he looks awfully long on the video. So he is dropping back into coverage. He must have some coverage skills. Wonder who is dropping back into coverage in this same Def setup when the five DL is Sweat, mathis, allen, payne and Young. Interesting setup will have to watch for this in the coming wks and during the preseason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Yes just checked the roster. Thanks. Had to check who that was b/c he looks awfully long on the video. So he is dropping back into coverage. He must have some coverage skills. Wonder who is dropping back into coverage in this same Def setup when the five DL is Sweat, mathis, allen, payne and Young. Interesting setup will have to watch for this in the coming wks and during the preseason. 

Yeah, I had to check also. Jones is a tweener, I think he has some LB dropping into coverage experience on top of being a pass rusher.

I’d say if it’s Sweat, Allen, Payne, Mathis & Young either Sweat or Young will drop into coverage. Sweat played in the 3-4 as a rookie as an OLB & at times they had Chase drop into coverage as a rookie when they did a zone blitz.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

@turtle28 but  after watching this again Jones looks better than Sweat or Young. Note the fluidity in his backpedaling. They are dropping into a zone but giving you a 5 man front. Actually Brisett should have disect this. The rb is open in the middle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not investing in the OL properly is what will end Rivera’s tenure here. He’s had years to fix this and keeps going out and getting bandaids. 

It has kind of worked though.  Honestly with running QBs being the new trend I think Oline will be devalued. 

18 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I was there yesterday with my kids. I was a little later than some of the fans so I didn't get bleacher seating, but was by that white fence down on the other side of the bleachers near that white tent in the corner of the EZ. We watched practice for 1.5 hours, then I took the kids to the Kids Zone. They did face painting, drawing, etc... and my son and I threw a small football around.

Highlight of the day wasn't for me but for my buddy. He brought his 3 kids ( his twin girls are my daughter's oldest friends - since they were 3 months old) and his son was wearing a Garcon jersey. We were in the kid zone when he spotted Pierre Garcon walking past it toward the VIP tent. He showed me a picture of Pierre holding his son at the opening of his Spinfire restaurant in Loudoun One like 8-9 years ago. 

I told him that most likely noone has been rocking a Garcon jersey here in ages and to go to the VIP entrance and see if he could come out for a pic. He did just that. He mentioned to the security guys (showed them the pic) about the story he told me. They quietly slipped him and his son into the VIP area where he and his son got a photo with Pierre. And to top it off, his son got to hold two Super Bowl rings in the picture.

My kids thoroughly enjoyed the kid autograph section and pretty much every player/coach (except Rivera) stopped to give autographs. The biggest star, by far, was Terry. He took a loooong time coming off the field because he seemed like he was signing everything. But he spent the most time at the kid's autograph section (it was the last part of the fence right near the building).

Only thing was the heat/humidity which my son complained about about a zillion times (he's 5 so I knew it going in).

Very cool experience and first Training Camp for me since Gibbs was here (got a Sean Taylor autograph that camp too)

• Like 3