2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

On 8/5/2023 at 11:49 AM, RSkinGM said:

Well--give me the big guy with the big arm over the squirt .. no offense Tua . 😁

That's not Lavar's point. His point was that Rivera was looking strongly at taking Tua at #2, Herbert was not considered to be that high of a pick in the 2020 draft by anyone, including us.

Now hindsight has us saying you or we would've taken Herbert but we were never going to so it's a moot point.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:39 AM, offbyone said:

We have 3 good outside corners.  That is a luxury that allows for some nicks.  Use them there.  Quit trying to have them all on the field at once.  We have a second round pick slot corner.  Use him there.

Need to have your 3 best corners on the field if it's possible & from what I've heard it is. They say they like Juice in the slot as well as outside bc of his size & his quickness. Now maybe that's changed but I haven't read or heard that it has. I think Juice is going to be in the slot at least to start the season.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/5/2023 at 4:08 PM, RSkinGM said:

We have like 9 guys listed as CBs other than Forbes. How many do we need. someone get cut? we had a full 90 man roster I thought .

Guard Keaton Sutherland released .

Damn being a guard on this team & getting released is a bad sign for whoever Keaton Sutherland is. He might as well retire. 😂 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 1:39 AM, offbyone said:

We have 3 good outside corners.  That is a luxury that allows for some nicks.  Use them there.  Quit trying to have them all on the field at once.  We have a second round pick slot corner.  Use him there.

Agreed

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They should do something at LB. If Jamin Davis gets suspended we're pretty screwed. I actually think its alarming how little they seem to care about the position. 

They will appeal / defer sentencing till next off season would be my guess. I am not sure a speeding ticket would result in a suspension.

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They should do something at LB. If Jamin Davis gets suspended we're pretty screwed. I actually think its alarming how little they seem to care about the position. 

Been over this for years. We play 2 LBs almost all game, at times we just play 1 LB when we have 5 DL or 6 DB's on the field at one time.

I know people have their doubts about Khaleke Hudson but from all the reports he's finally breaking out at LB - especially in coverage - and I read that some believe he's above David Mayo as the 3rd LB now, unless they need a MIKE/run stuffer then it would be Mayo over Hudson.

I don't see any moves being made at LB unless Jamin isn't able to play bc he's in jail, which I doubt happens for speeding tickets. My guess is he gets a delayed sentence until after the season and will have to spend time in jail. 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We signed the guy . Seems we're trying to corner ( no pun ) the DB market . 

A LB or good O L would be nice . Oh yeah, Troy Apke to I R, bad shoulder/ There goes the season !

Edited by RSkinGM

I’m not really worried about these guys now, but if they miss a week of practice & miss next weeks dress rehearsal game - week 2 of the preseason - then I'll be worried. The good news though is that Chris Paul has looked as good as Charles at guard & I've heard good things about Cole Turner.