2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

IMO you drop Tinsley, Milne, Gore and Kemp/Pringle.

I was just shocked they trotted Milne out as a return man last week.  Didn't that experiment end with a resounding and consistent below average grade?   But makes me wonder if they keep him.

• Like 1

I just saw a practice clip of Andre Jones blowing by Braeden Daniels at LT he didn't even move out of his stance. Then another clip where Jones used his hands to power through and past by #60 Jaryd Jones-Smith at RT. He looks great and has been getting great reviews off offseason, he flashed in the first preseason game and vs the Ravens this week.

I wonder what they're going to do with KJ Henry? He didn't play against the Browns that I saw.

The DEs they're keeping are Chase, Sweat, Obada, JSW for sure, and maybe 1 more but not 2 more. So Toohill, Andre Jones, and KJ Henry are fighting for 1 spot IMO.

It seems Andre Jones may be in that 5th spot.

So then do you trade KJ Henry for a young guard to develop, and trade Toohill too?

I don't know that either would clear waivers to be able to have a spot on the practice squad. I'd say trade them for 2 young OL to develop.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 4209 said:

This school has been putting out talent!! I got locked in on Butler and Mitchell during the COVID year. I’ve been doin liking what I see from this program and this is another crazy athletic player that jumped out on tape is getting a chance and is making the most of it. I love it!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, offbyone said:

I was just shocked they trotted Milne out as a return man last week.  Didn't that experiment end with a resounding and consistent below average grade?   But makes me wonder if they keep him.

Scared the bejesus out of me! 😂 

https://x.com/profootballtalk/status/1692312556541444321?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

“Commanders CB Danny Johnson suffered a rotator cuff injury when he was slammed to the ground by Ravens TE Mark Andrews after the play during a joint practice.“

Effin BS

Good luck Monday Mark. Hope you don't get rolled out on a stretcher…

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just saw a practice clip of Andre Jones blowing by Braeden Daniels at LT he didn't even move out of his stance. Then another clip where Jones used his hands to power through and past by #60 Jaryd Jones-Smith at RT. He looks great and has been getting great reviews off offseason, he flashed in the first preseason game and vs the Ravens this week.

I wonder what they're going to do with KJ Henry? He didn't play against the Browns that I saw.

The DEs they're keeping are Chase, Sweat, Obada, JSW for sure, and maybe 1 more but not 2 more. So Toohill, Andre Jones, and KJ Henry are fighting for 1 spot IMO.

So then do you trade KJ Henry for a young guard to develop, and trade Toohill too?

I don't know that either would clear waivers to be able to have a spot on the practice squad. I'd say trade them for 2 young OL to develop.

If Jones is the real deal, and Henry flashes a bit in preseason then you could do just that (trade for a young guard). The problem I think is that whomever we trade for has to make the 53 man roster. No way you're trading for a player and then putting that player on the PS.

Either way, I'm REALLY gonna be paying more attention to the Jones v Henry battle now. And I love that Kerrigan is getting props from these young guys. This was one of the smartest things that Ron has done (hiring Ryan)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

This school has been putting out talent!! I got locked in on Butler and Mitchell during the COVID year. I’ve been doin liking what I see from this program and this is another crazy athletic player that jumped out on tape is getting a chance and is making the most of it. I love it!!

SBC baby. Right now, the best G5 conference IMO. And if the PAC 12 goes bye bye, they should just make the SBC the newest P5 once they add a few more teams lol

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 3:40 PM, turtle28 said:

I think we may have something here. He was able to get in the backfield vs the ravens. This is the guy who was amoung a 5 dlinemen set and dropped back in coverage smoothly. I watched him vs the Browns. I will keep a wait and see about Jones but he is flashing his talent. He just very well make the roster. 

• Like 2