• Jalin Hyatt | WR | Tennessee
    • John Michael Schmitz | OC | Minnesota
    • Keion White | DL | Georgia Tech
    • Matthew Bergeron | OL | Syracuse
    • Mazi Smith | DT | Michigan
    • Steve Avila | IOL | TCU
    • Other - Please state

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 01:30 PM

Pick Harrison over Dawand Jones?  Ew....

Jones has more upside, Harrison would only make sense if he is a great LT, and not sure that is the case at all.  So if they are set with Taylor at LT Jones makes way more sense.  Dude is an athlete at that size and can move people.  

Anton Harrison, how about no.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jones has more upside, Harrison would only make sense if he is a great LT, and not sure that is the case at all.  So if they are set with Taylor at LT Jones makes way more sense.  Dude is an athlete at that size and can move people.  

It’s a scheme thing, Anton looks like a guy we can use downfield and on screens and pulls. Mahomes, who has gotten better at it, also likes to drift back in the pocket so we’ll need an OT with some foot speed to match up against the speed rush. Anton has some quick feet for sure, moreso the  Dawand(who I also like)

We also like the Oklahoma OL in general, Bedenbaugh does a good job of coaching guys up. Anton looks so technically sound, squares up real well, presents a large base, and uses his hands and counters pretty well. 

On 4/19/2023 at 6:02 PM, Ozzy said:

Dawand takes advantage of his huge size, but his movement skills and footwork are subpar. While I expect him to be a very good RT, especially as a run blocker,  I question his upside in pass protection.

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Dawand takes advantage of his huge size, but his movement skills and footwork are subpar. While I expect him to be a very good RT, especially as a run blocker,  I question his upside in pass protection.

He's pretty good in pass protection. 0 sacks and 5 pressures allowed on over 400 passing plays last season. He can't be bull rushed and speed rushers have to go a long way to get around him. Even then guys who try to dip under him usually can't due to his great length and wingspan.  He's the sort of guy you can give an extra wide split because trying to cut inside of him doesn't work and it makes going around him to the outside an even longer journey. 

38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He's pretty good in pass protection. 0 sacks and 5 pressures allowed on over 400 passing plays last season. He can't be bull rushed and speed rushers have to go a long way to get around him.

You are just saying that he's long and strong and knows how to use it. The question is whether he can improve. 

38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Even then guys who try to dip under him usually can't due to his great length and wingspan.  He's the sort of guy you can give an extra wide split because trying to cut inside of him doesn't work and it makes going around him to the outside an even longer journey. 

That may be true so far but none of those guys is Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, or Haason Reddick. The ability to anchor is good but so is footwork. The Chiefs had a power guy at LT, Orlando Brown Jr. He's gone and his replacement is Jawaan Taylor. 

Dawand Jones is an excellent prospect and he should go early to a team with a power running game. The Chiefs are looking at other priorities.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

You are just saying that he's long and strong and knows how to use it. The question is whether he can improve. 

That may be true so far but none of those guys is Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, or Haason Reddick. The ability to anchor is good but so is footwork. The Chiefs had a power guy at LT, Orlando Brown Jr. He's gone and his replacement is Jawaan Taylor. 

Dawand Jones is an excellent prospect and he should go early to a team with a power running game. The Chiefs are looking at other priorities.

Certainly he can improve. In his 3 years at OSU he went from 3 star prospect to some all-American lists. He has plenty of room to improve his technique and he likely will do so. He's never been accused of laziness. 

Chiefs may prioritize other positions but if they are looking for a RT, then Jones would be a good choice for them. I'm a Bengals fan and would be happy if we took him to replace Jonah Williams. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Certainly he can improve. In his 3 years at OSU he went from 3 star prospect to some all-American lists. He has plenty of room to improve his technique and he likely will do so. He's never been accused of laziness. 

Chiefs may prioritize other positions but if they are looking for a RT, then Jones would be a good choice for them. I'm a Bengals fan and would be happy if we took him to replace Jonah Williams. 

This is why I rate him as 1st/2nd round. The distinction is that Harrison rates about 10n picks higher.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:41 AM, onejayhawk said:

Wha, wha what?  At best you can say that his technique is lacking in that he does not use his arms properly to keep the defense off of him.  He makes Darrell Wright look like a plodder when moving and blocking on the move.  He moves amazingly well for a 370lb man.

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Wha, wha what?  At best you can say that his technique is lacking in that he does not use his arms properly to keep the defense off of him.  He makes Darrell Wright look like a plodder when moving and blocking on the move.  He moves amazingly well for a 370lb man.

I said his footwork was lacking. I did not say he was immobile. 

Wright ranks higher as well. Watch the Alabama game when he was up against Anderson.